Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Saturday 26 May 2012

Snowdrops and chookies

Snowdrops flowering early
Snowdrops are in flower.
The tiny petals have pale green edgings. Nature is so wonderful.
When I was on our farm at Te Hihi, the snowdrops flowered in July,
for my Mum’s and my birthdays.She had so many plants all along the side of a hedge,
I remember it as having small red flowers that had tasty juice in them.
close up
Little chooks over our back fence, they cluck to let me know they will come   closer.
The black one followed, they both hoped for silver beet leaves.
Little chooky henAre you coming too
The leaves were saved for our own dinner tonight.
Red silver beet
Further over the paddock,  Patrick’s trees are shining in the pale afternoon sun.
Patrick's trees
Quotation of the day from unknown author
" Do not cackle if you have not laid an egg"
Cheers from Jean

1 comment:

Susan Heather said...

Lovely photos Jean. No the plant with the red leaves on my post has pink flowers. It was a new plant to me when we moved here - I had found the name but it has been mislaid.