Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Hugh’s Views


I am still using Hugh's laptop , mine  has gone to Auckland to  be repaired . Meantime here are some views from Hugh’s camera.Earlier this year  Hugh and I went for a very short walk on the Kahikatea Track.  It is about half an hour, and in places overlooks the Pohangina River. It was  crystal clear  this  day and the water almost seemed to be that  luminous turquoise colour,Pohangina River 2012
A few years ago a beautiful dark ginger boy adopted us, he came and went in his own time, stayed for a few nights and days, maybe a week ,and then was AWOL for some days, we always  thought  he had  another home. He was gentle, a big cat, huge feet, and in time  became more contented with our home and would sit with us at night, then in the morning would be gone. Here he is in the late afternoon sun. Tom, you stole my heart.
Tom April 2009
Another day this year Hugh and I went on the Gentle Annie Road which goes from Taihape to Napier. Snow had fallen that week and there was some at the top, and also on the sides of the road. Sheep looked on as we took photos on the way. I was muffled up in a double  layer coat, fleece hat, and needed gloves outside, there was very little wind,  but the air was still  freezing  cold.
Jean taking photos July 2012
Quotation of the day, author unknown,
“ Keep your hat on!!!”
Cheers from Jean.

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely post! I felt like I was right there in each photo.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Barb said...

Love your photos Jean - esp the story told by the last.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Great pictures, the cat is very qute...
Hope you get your laptop back and its ok

Gayle said...

Nice story-telling. The cat looks quite cozy and comfortable.

Nancy J said...

Thanks for all your words.I downloaded Live Writer here, as that is what I use on my own laptop, but the photos will be Hugh's for a while .We have 4Celsius, about 39F outside at 6 a.m. and as I stoked up the fire earlier, it is 20C or 68F in the lounge... Cheers to all in the N Hemisphere!!

Laurie said...

Hope it is not long before you get the Toshiba back .... I had a few problems awhile back on previous computer ...repair man said "get shot of Norton" ....I use Avast now and have had no hic ups at all like I used to get .. lovely pictures Hugh. Hope you have both been well this winter and warm ..hugs Laurie

Nancy J said...

Hi Laurie, yes I have heard Avast is OK, Hugh's has a slightly different keyboard, so lots of errors when I type.I might be using his photos for a while yet,they said up to 2 weeks !!! Cheers, Jean.

KB said...

I love the story of Tom. His photo is fabulous. It's a sweet story, although I wish it hadn't ended.

Winter, a time for "keeping your hat on" is definitely headed our way. There is fresh snow on the mountaintops today.

Jim said...

You two visit so many beautiful spots in NZ!
Tom is a sweetheart! Look at that contentment, Jean! He so obviously made the right decision to 'stay' with you.
I know who that 'unknown author is: every mother in the world!!! lol

Nancy J said...

Thanks Jim, I hope to get my own laptop back this coming week, and can have my own photos here once again.Yes, Tom was the most gentle boy, perfect manners, he always waited and let the others have their meals,before he went to his plate.Here in NZ, the saying
" keep your hat on!! " refers to staying calm when trouble looms or is right there , and for me using Hugh's laptop
is " right here !!" ,
I dread that if anything goes wrong, I might just be a little at fault!!
yes, for all mothers in summer and winter, that could well be their most spoken phrase as a child goes out the door. Greetings from Jean.