Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 27 September 2012

North Island Scenery from Hugh's Views

Bridge on the way to Heritage Lodge
 In August 2011, Hugh and I walked  to Heritage Lodge in Ruahine Forest Park. There was ice on the bridge, and a small stream below. The tramp does not take long,   from a car parking area, and the views on the way show Mt Ruapehu,with some snow. If you look closely,there is that fleece hat again!!!
View going to Heritage Lodge
The lodge has bunks, table and seats, a fire, and at the far left hand side, a set of  very steep steps to the outside long drop( a  toilet ,WC, or other terms can be used ,depending if you are a lady, a man, or just plain desperate!!!).
Jean at Heritage Lodge
Nearer the East Coast, inland from Napier,  is the Kaweka Range. Hugh stayed  in the hut there for several days, and assured me that with a fire roaring, it was cosy. This  was in March,2010. I stayed home, with family commitments.
Kaweka Range landscape
Makahu Hut, easily seen
Cosy fire in the Makahu Hut
This was an unusual moss circle on the way to one of the top ridges.
Moss circle on the Makahu Hut tramp
Quotation of the day, author unknown
“ The human spirit needs places where nature
has not been rearranged  by the hand of man”
Greetings from Jean

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great photos and a wonderful quote.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lindsjö taxar said...

Lovely pictures, like the one with the mountins with snow on...beautiful

Nancy J said...

Thanks for your so nice comments, I miss having my own photos to choose from,hope to be able to use some of my new ones soon. Cheers from Jean

Susan Heather said...

Love the quote and the photos - that yellow hut is great.

KB said...

I love that quote. It's perfect for your post. It seems that huts are very common in your country. What fun!

You asked if I took my clover photo with a macro lens. I didn't because I don't own a macro lens yet. Instead, I used the macro feature on my point and shoot.

Enjoy your spring as we enjoy our fall!