Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Sunday 9 September 2012

Yesterday, Today,Tomorrow

I'll run away over thereI like the blue ones
On Saturday Thelma and Trevor and their families were here to have wedding photos taken. I need to ask Thelma  and Trevor for their permission before I post  photos  of them . Grace, Thelma’s granddaughter,  was a delight,  she  tiptoed over the  damp lawn, very carefully. She stopped every so often to look at the daffodils and forget-me-nots. The weather smiled down all morning, just a gentle breeze, but sheltered spots were easy to find. Later on in the day rain fell, wind blew, and it was a  lot colder.
Bridge view
one paw
Poppy walked with me this afternoon, stepping carefully round the puddles. and accompanied me to the view from the bridge over the pond.Some of the flowers have been bruised with the rain, others survived very well.Reflections of the Chestnut tree in a puddle on our driveway.
Reflections on the driveway 2
The Protea fared well, very little damage, but the Camellia flowers are bruised and discoloured.
Protea flowerheadWhite camellia
The day lilies have many leaves well up, no sign of flowers yet. The pink Camellia has that stunning deep colour, against the dark pittosporum leaves.I picked the flower and stuck it firmly in the bush.Lovely contrast with the  dark almost purple foliage.
Raindrops on daylily leavesPink Camellia
Tomorrow or in a few days time the Dutch Iris will open .
Tomorrow I will show you my true colours
Quotation of the day,  author unknown,
“ Garden fairies come at dawn, Bless the flowers then they’re gone”
Greetings from Jean

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Lovely blooms and what an adorable little female visitor.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Michaele said...

Such a cute little flower child amongst you flower post. I can feel the weather in this post.

Lindsjö taxar said...

How qute she is. Beautiful flowers, ours are soon gone, autumn is coming fast now.

Here I Am Carrie said...

Love your little flower child. Beautiful photos and quote.