Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 28 May 2014

A Glitch in the Transmission

 

I went to connect my laptop on Saturday night, and found I had “ No Internet connection”, so after phoning Vodafone,  then Harvey Norman, the Netgear modem-router went  in to be tested. Monday a.m. Nicole from the said Harvey Norman phoned, a new D-Link modem router was there for me. I give full marks to both H.N. and to their staff, all are so courteous, willing to help, find the right person to talk to, and prompt service. A very honourable mention to them all. Tuesday a.m. started to install  the new one,  the  8 digit PIN number was missing, another phone call   and I was given the direct line to D-Link, Again a very knowledgeable helpful gentleman talked me through the whole installation, and I am up and running again, maybe not literally.

Logged on, found 50 emails, blogs with multiple posts to read, so am still in the catch-up mode.My comments may be scarce to non-existent, but I am reading all your wonderful daily photos and news.

Mt Ruapehu, in the Central Plateau, North Island, with a little snow, tempting us as we wait for more to fall very soon. Already falls in the South island, some up nearer us here, and very cold overnight and early morning temperatures. Merino goodies all ready  for everyone in our family.

 

Mt Ruapehu from the East #1

Quotation of the day, from a very dear friend.

“ When you are at the end of your tether, tie a knot in it and hang on”

Greetings from Jean

10 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Love the quote and glad you are "up and running again".

Cold here this morning (for the north anyway).

eileeninmd said...

So happy your computer problem was solved easily.. I love the scenic shot of the mountain, pretty view! Have a happy day!

TexWisGirl said...

glad you're back up and running! so frustrating to be 'cut off' from the world. :)

Karen said...

It's a good thing to have knowledgeable and helpful tech people! That's a gorgeous view Jean!

Linda said...

Great quote and photo, Jean, and I am so happy that you had kind and informative people to help you. It's great to see you back!

Julie Fukuda said...

Internet snags drive me nuts. At least the help there speaks your language.

June said...

I feel your frustration when the internet fails - and I just love your quote!

Jim said...

I was wondering where you were, Jean. Good to hear all is well now.
As you get out your merino woolens, we are putting ours aside for a few months.
Lovely photo!

KB said...

What a lovely photo of the mountain! I feel the same way as you. Since my "break", I just cannot catch up...

Jenn Jilks said...

Tough go! I don't think there is pressure to return all your visitors. Life should get in the way! I'm much more active in winter than summer, and spend hours gardening with great joy!