Yesterday afternoon I had a phone call. let’s call the gentleman Mr X
- Mr X” I am calling from Computer Technical Support, and you have a problem with your Microsoft System.”
- Jean “ Oh Dear ( HUGE SIGH), what can you do to fix it?”
- Mr X, “ Turn your computer on”
- Jean,” Which one, the laptop, the desktop or the iPad , they are Apple or iMac, so I think someone has given you the wrong information”
- Mr X “ Do you not have an Android”
- Jean “ No. and I do not want you to phone me again about this, you are wasting my time and yours”
- Mr X “ Do you have a knife, and do you have an apple?”
- Jean. “ Yes”
- Mr X.” Get the knife, peel the apple, cut it into slices and eat it, you will be a very healthy lady”
- Jean “ Do you really get paid to do this?”
- Mr X “ You are a very bold lady”
- End of conversation.
This is totally true, slightly abridged, apart from some of Mr X’s words that I asked him to repeat, a foreign man, maybe from India, or a country near there, with an accent that made him hard to understand. He had to spell the word “ Knife” so I knew what he said!! Hugh was listening and waiting to see what I would say this time.
I had a phone call similar to this some nights ago at 11 p.m., but this was late afternoon, and I already had in mind what I would say, apart from blowing a whistle into the phone. How many people, and some of us elderly and so unsuspecting, would turn our computers on,
( Pity about the iMac and iPad , both on my wish list!!!)
and then give out the password or more. How do they do this, surely a shred of morality would be in their minds.
We have a grey morning, no frost, coffee by the fire, a good book to read, bliss in anyone’s world.
Quotation of the day, author unknown
“ Don’t stare at the closed door too long, you will miss the window opening”
Greetings from Jean