Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 21 May 2015

The “AYES” are in the blue corner

 

Yes, to the wee fellow living with us forever. He has doubled his  weight, is toilet trained, and has a purr like a train engine. Cuddly, affectionate, spunky, and at night, if we let him stay  there,  ( which we don’t as he is way too small yet) …goes to sleep snuggled up on Hugh’s chest. Boris , where did you come from, the biggest mystery of all.

Yes,  we had a trip to Wellington yesterday.  A  328 km round trip.

Some views from the window, farmland near our home.

Morning sky on Wellington Day visit

Kapiti Island, almost covered in mist and cloud

Kapiti Island

Wellington waterfront and buildings. Westpac Stadium, affectionately known locally as “ The Cake Tin” where major sports events are held , coming soon  are  the FIFA U20 World Cup matches, Elton John,  AC/DC,  and next year
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo” and for me, the last one is what I would really like to see.
 

Along the Wellington streets #1

Te Papa, Museum of New Zealand

Currently showing Air New Zealand, 75 years of it’s history. Outside is  the  cockpit of a Boeing 737, you can climb inside , and  sit in the pilot’s seat .

On  30th April, 1940,  a flight from Auckland to Sydney marked the first scheduled air link between New Zealand and the rest of the world. I was born 3 months later.

Te Papa, Wellington

 

Waiting at traffic lights

Wellington streets #2

 

Next stop, Wellington Hospital, help desk in a prominent place, Hooray for that.

Capital and Coast Hospital, Wellington

We were given a map, follow the “ Orange Line”, but there on the wall was an “ Orange Lion”, was this for the children, as the ward for them was along the same corridor? I think the link was totally lost on so many people!!

Follow the Orange Line to the lifts

We duly arrived at the Orthopaedic  Clinic, waited, and had an assessment, well Hugh did. The oversized wheelchair took my eyes, and I couldn’t resist a final photo, as we made our way outside. All went well, and Hugh will be back there for the much needed, long time waited for, and so gratefully accepted spinal surgery in 4 months or so.

And all the boxes were ticked  correctly, so another “ Big Fat Yes”, I could cry!!

Thank you all so much from my heart for your words,prayers, thoughts and more, another friend has sent messages to the Universe regularly, and friends here in NZ are happy all have been answered.

Our daughters are overjoyed to think the end is in sight, at least the first part in being on the surgery waiting list.

A long day, left home at 8.15.am and home again  at  6. 05 p.m.

 

The extra wide wheelchair

But the best of all, a wonderful contraption called a’”Knee Walker” , a patient had just had a leg cast taken off, and whizzed down past us to radiology.NO, I didn’t get a photo, Kaz and Hugh were way ahead and almost ready to go without me. But this is what it looks like. A whizz for fast mobility, I am sure he could go a mile a minute!!!

Photo courtesy of the internet

knee_walker

Quotation of the day, from Thomas Goodwin

Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks.”

Greetings from Jean

24 comments:

Out To Pasture said...

Good news indeed that Hugh is scheduled for corrective surgery. It must be a tremendous relief. Also, good news about Boris. Seems he is healthy and very appreciative of having a permanent home with kind folk like yourselves. As he plays this winter he will make you both laugh and glad you've extended the family. I expect you guys will be resting up after your long trip. Thankyou for the update!

Georgia said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, if long. All the best for the 4 month wait. Glad a decision has been made on Wee Boris. He has found a great place to grow and explore, love and be loved. A friend of mine recently had an ankle replaced and used one of those Knee Runners. A really great invention. Best wishes. G

eileeninmd said...

I am so happy that the end is in sight for Hugh and you.. The scenery is pretty from your drive to the hospital. And Boris sounds like a real sweetie..I will keep you and Hugh in my prayers. Have a happy day!

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful news! I'll be having my next surgery in about four months too.

Carol Mattingly said...

Thank you God for giving my friends a wonderful gift. I too can't wait for Hugh to have his surgery and feel so much better down that road. I loved all of your images. Especially the Orange Lion. Prayers, Carol

TexWisGirl said...

hooray for hugh!! and you, too! SO glad all is scheduled! and a big hooray to little boris, too. he is in a safe and loving home. :)

Jenny said...

So pleased Jean, that Hugh is finally "on the list". And having little Boris staying will certainly help his recovery, I'm sure.

Jim said...

Hey Jean, Boris knew a good thing when he saw/came upon it!! Yeah BORIS!! It worked!!

That must have been a long grueling day for you all. Happy it went according to your wishes, Jean. What a relief for you two.

Wonderful photos along the way as well. Good to see this part of your beautiful country.
Have a wondeerful Friday.

Jenn Jilks said...

All the best, my dear friend.
It is such a long journeyl
I'm so glad your kitty is working out!
\Much love from away!

Barbara Lilian in France said...

So pleased that the end of the road is in sight for your husband. The next 4 months will probably seem long, but well worth it in the end. I know only to well after my spine surgery last year. Look forward to the good times and enjoy your new little furry friend.

Hannah said...

What good news that Hugh's surgery is scheduled. Good thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery for him that will solve his problems. The little kitty seems to be really settling in. The knee walker sounds like something I could use right now, I've been having trouble with my knees. It's so easy to take things for granted when they are working well, but when something doesn't work well it impacts so many activities in daily life.

Barb said...

I knew Boris would purr his way into your hearts. It must have been an exhausting day, but thank goodness for good news! Enjoy the rest of your daughter's stay.

fromsophiesview said...

Such great news, indeed Jean. The lengthy trip was well worth it. Lots to see as you trolled along the roads. I'm sure your mind was going a mile a minute when medical issues are at the forefront.
All the best to you and Hugh and that Knee Walker looks like it could go at supersonic speed!
Whohoo!
Ron

KB said...

The Runner and I have been on one of our desert sojourns with no internet access so I've fallen behind. I am thrilled to hear of Hugh's surgery, even if it is 4 months away. I know the pain he is in... I still get it sometimes, despite my multiple spinal surgeries. I had to take very strong pain medicines to travel in our van yesterday... so I know the happiness that you and Hugh must feel to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

bj said...

Oh, what a relief for all of you.
I've seen several people around here that were on the knee cruiser...pretty cool, actually.
Well, it seems you and I are close in age...you born in July of '40...I in Dec of '37 (the very last day)...we, my friend, are getting old.

Karen said...

That was quite a round trip Jean! Glad to hear that Hugh will be getting some help in the near future. Love the shot of Kapiti Island.

What Karen Sees said...

I just found your blog and was immediately interested because my husband and I lived in NZ for 18 months and this was a highpoint in our lives. We were on assignment for our church and had the opportunity to travel to many places on both the islands. It is such a beautiful country and the people were so friendly. Our memories are tender!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such good news to hear that hopefully the end is in sight for Hugh's ordeal and that the surgery will be successful . Prayers for you both!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Meant to also say, glad that Boris is fitting in with you so well!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I am so very happy for you and Hugh. It sounds like everything is falling into place now. Hooray for good news!

Lori Skoog said...

Jean,
At long last I have caught up with your recent posts. First of all, you and Hugh must be very happy and relieved about the upcoming surgery. It had to be a great day, getting this news. As for Boris, I do believe he arrived on your doorstep for a reason. So glad he will be staying. A friend of mine used one of those knee walkers and it sure helped. Does Hugh have one?

Stay well, and take it easy!

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh my goodness, that photo of Kapiti Island is just gorgeous!

Kat said...

So glad to hear this news. My mother had corrective back surgery a few years back and it has made such a difference. I hope his wait is a short one!

Tanya said...

Well YEAH!!! I am so glad that you are keeping Boris! He is a sweety and I was getting attached to him already and didn't want to see him off with someone else. He will be fun for your other kitties and a wonderful companion for your husband. Good all around!