Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Birthday, lilies and rain

tall lilies

These lilies bloomed this morning, in bright sunshine, on Hugh’s birthday.
Beautiful colour for golden years as some of our friends say.Are they so sure of that phrase??
The stems are so tall I had to tie them up with ribbon.
Poppy waited near the pot with a Hebe in it, stretched out almost in the shade .

just a lick here and there
The shade went, the rain came,and came,and came.We had a DELUGE.Tutaenui stream  dirty and fastwater racing down










I took these just before 9 p.m. with my camera on NIGHT setting. I can now see the rain spots on the lens.
 night sky 10th Jan
The night sky has this wonderful hue, but it was not there for long,by the time I walked back
from the Tutaenui stream the colours had gone to black.
A great day, with cards, emails,phone calls, gifts and cake.What more could a man ask for.
Quotation of the day from Dylan Thomas, 1914-1953
“There I could marvel my birthday away but the weather turned around”
Cheers from Jean

4 comments:

KB said...

Happy Birthday to Hugh. Those flowers are gorgeous, so refreshing in their beauty. And, the pink sky made the whole world seem ethereal. Thanks for sharing your world.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment! I loved how Winston nuzzled me too.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and left a so kind comment. I´m living in Sweden. If you click on the right translate you can choose english. It must work, if not tell inform me.
I´m hunting with my dogs. It´s a GPS so I can se the track of the dog. If you look into post from Dec I have pictures of tracks. I´m blogging about my work with my dogs and the hunting.
And also I took up an old interest in taking photographs from the nature and wildlife.
You have very nice pictures and interesting to see your country. I will com back :-)

Anonymous said...

What more could a man ask for???? ......Ah Jean the answer is of course a beautiful forgiving wife and Hugh is lucky in having you to take that place. Love the photos of the Lily flower The thing I miss most here in Queensland is the flowers Dad used to grow.

Cheers to all
Cliff Hutchings