Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Subterfuge on an International Level

 

What do you do when you want to send a parcel to a blog friend, but do not know the address ? I did know that “A” and “B” were close friends, in distance and in heartfelt friendship, they shared some very special times together,  although A had moved a good distance away some time ago.

Contact friend  ‘A” and ask if you could  please send me the address for friend “ B”. Yes, but I will contact B  first and ask if that is OK. It was OK , after some probably funny emails between A and B. The first parcel was sent some time ago.

“B” had no idea that the parcel would come from NZ!!!

The email of thanks, told me  a gift that is hand made with love is special, and I had tears as I read those words,  in December 2015.

A  few  weeks  ago I wanted to send a parcel to Friend A. Now I contacted friend B and asked the same.Again, emails sent and received,  I truly thought that A would realise who was sending it.NO. I am so happy it was a real surprise.

Sue Beedoo lost her dearest horse Star after a very short illness. Sue is friend “A”. I had a wall hanging that seemed to fit in with my  thoughts , and after emailing B, and attaching a photo of this,  B  thought the name “ Memory Tree of Love” might be suitable.

Sue Beedoo's wall hanging

The extra leaf outlines were added, they do look more like hearts,  but I thought that names could be written in there, and I know Star and others will have their place on the tree.

And, again, I had tears as I read Sue’s email to say this had arrived, and how it was so special .Her thanks had words from her heart.

One of the huge pleasures in life is creating something, being happy with the result,  and knowing that someone a long,long way away will  realise that blog friendship is so real, no matter the distance, the fact we will probably never meet, maybe a phone call or FaceTime talk if very lucky.

Some of the bags that have flown  to all places North,South,East and West.

Bags that have flown away

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ Distance is a true test of how far love can travel”

Greetings from Jean

32 comments:

Jenny said...

That's a lovely story Jean, I'm sure all your gifts to "bloggy friends" have been well received and cherished - made with love as they had been.

Kate said...

A lovely quilt, which will be much appreciated for a long time to come. How very thoughtful.

Inger said...

That is so sweet and so thoughtful and so beautiful a gift. Many blogger friends sent me gifts when Errol was so ill. One of the most special were two handmade cards with drawings of Samson and Faith included. I have now framed the drawings and they are so special.

My friend Rachael would have loved your owl bag.

camp and cottage living said...

Jean
You are so thoughtful and generous. The quilt is beautiful and it was such a special gift.

Carol Mattingly said...

What an amazing story. And such an amazing person to do all of these wonderful kindnesses to your blog friends. That is so touching. It's not something one hears every day and that is what makes blogs so great. Loved your images. Carol

Leeanne said...

Lovely story.....where there is a will there IS a way!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a sweet post, Jean. Love knows no boundaries, and especially in this shrinking world of ours.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Gifts hand made with love are the best!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jean, lovely post and story. The wall hanging is beautiful. Lovely gift! I like the name Memory Tree of Love.
Your bags are adorable, I just love the cute owl. Great quote! Have a happy day!

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Subterfuge indeed! And a funny one! :-)

Lorna McMahon said...

This is such a beautiful gift, made with love and I'm sure Sue will smile when she looks upon this pretty wall hanging. You are a true friend, Jean!

Heide said...

What a great looking quilt!

Sandra said...

Just because you may not have met them face to face does not make them any less of a friend. When I was going through cancer a few years back I got more moral support from the online community then I did from those near by.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Kindness and thoughtfulness know no boundaries - you've beautifully proven that fact again and again.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your quote of the day - how very, very true! You say that a blog friendship can be so real, yes I feel I have made many friend since starting a blog - I had a lovely 'phone call from you only a few days after my post, so that proves the point!

Jenn Jilks said...

You are such a good woman! What a wonderful thing to do!

Kate said...

A beautiful quilt for a beautiful friend from a beautiful friend.

Lara B. said...

That quilt is so beautiful and what you did for your friends Nancy, even more so! "Memory Tree of Love" seems very suitable. :)
One of the things that I love about quilt blogging is how it unites all of us and makes international boundaries disappear.

Jim said...

What a beautiful 'blog post', Jean. I understand what you are saying about 'blog friendship'.......we bloggers understand the different types of relationships that are formed through this medium. Makes me happy to hear that your friends received their gifts with love and gratitude.
What a sweet and compassionate gesture on your part.

Yes, get out that Merino! As put our ours aside for a few months.

Take care.

Lori Skoog said...

Jean...I hope you know what a special person you are. Sue is a friend and I'm sure she loves what you sent her. Pretty soon she will be moving to her new home and is so excited! She has gone above and beyond to rescue so many animals, and they are now able to live fabulous lives with her.
And thank you for all the sweet comments you have left for me. Hope all is well with you.

Allie-oops Designs said...

What a BLESSING you are.

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful story, you have some very lucky "bloggy friends" - what beautiful bags and quilts.

Fundy Blue said...

You are such a thoughtful person, Jean! I'm happy you are my blogging friend. Ciao from Venice!

Hannah said...

What a sweet friend you are, sending comforting quilt squares to people in distress, Jean. And the bags look so pretty and useful too. It must feel good to share your lovely handiwork with others, and I know they appreciate it.

Tish Stemple said...

Jean, that is a great quote and so true. What a beautiful story. I'm am sure your blog friends will cherish their gifts forever.

Sharon - IN said...

How thoughtful of you to make a special gift for your friend. Your quilt is lovely, bright and cheery.

Dolores said...

What a beautiful quilt (and great looking bags) and a lovely gesture. You're one of a kind.

KB said...

Oh, how sweet to have been part of this whole wonderful escapade. I know that Sue was so touched to have received that amazing gift!!! And I loved seeing my bag in the second photo.

You have a heart of gold, Jean, and I feel blessed to know you. Thanks for helping Sue with your gift at this tough time.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a kind, beautiful and thoughtful perfect gift! Your kindness, and compassion as well as that of other bloggers is truly inspirational and examples to follow!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

You are a kind soul! What joy you have brought both bloggers and I do so agree with you- blogger friends are the best!

Sew of Course said...

What a lovely story! Friendships obviously don't have to depend on distance these days. It is so very nice to have friends that think of us, no matter where they live.

Sandra Walker said...

Oh Nancy, this post has really resonated with me! I've got a post percolating on being so blessed with wonderful friends, both in QBL and in real life...have taken a couple of photos that evoke recent events... I love the tree you've created; I didn't see hearts at all until you said, and then I thought how à propos! Beautiful fabrics and beautiful surprises--I love surprises, handmade ones best!