Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Sunday 14 October 2018

I know it is there somewhere!!!

the workshop with packed boxes

Somewhere in this stack of boxes is the plastic bin with the batiks for the next bear from Dione over at The Clever Chameleon . I know it was left out, but Hugh, in his  keenness to get things tidy and neat, has picked it up along with the others. Can you see it? Next to bananas and apples!!!

Batik box in storage

Too late, and now Open Live Writer has changed the format from the one  I am used to, so goodness knows what this will turn out to be. We are almost all packed up, a huge marathon, and a lot of disposing, sorting and giving away.

We almost have a new home, should know on Wednesday. We have looked at so many homes,in so many other towns,  and they have ranged from tiny ones to mansions and all in between.  Some spotless, some grubby, some so untidy, but if we  move to this one… I will have a HUGE room for all my sewing and quilting, room for Joyce’s Horn cabinet, no need to stow it away till next sewing session,  and a workshop for Hugh.

In between other things, I managed to get the flimsy sewn together,  for the Fireburst Mystery up north with Tish, at Tish's  Adventures in Wonderland This by itself was a small miracle ,and next thing the Bernina will be packed too.



Fireburst Mystery FlimsyThank you all so much for your caring thoughts, prayers, and thinking of us.

Furry Gnome, I am so glad your card arrived, via Hugh’s cousin who was on holiday in Ontario, maybe posted from Tottenham, as was a small gift for Brady, Sandra’s grandson, you will find them at Musings of a Menopausal Melon , that way was so much faster than posting from NZ, which can take more than 6 weeks.

That’s it for me for today, on to more packing and bubble wrap.

Quotation of the day,  author unknown. Thanks to the internet for this.


Homeis where the heart is

Greetings from Jean

20 comments:

Nancy J said...

Hooray, the format turned out exactly as it should, Again, so very many thanks from my heart for all your comments,love, prayers and caring thoughts. They have buoyed me up on dark days, when it was almost all too much to cope with.

Susan Heather said...

I have been wondering how things are going. I do hope that you get the new home that you want.
Wednesday is not far away. Everything crossed for you.

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

Jean, I sincerely hope you will get a wonderful new home very soon - with the important sewing and workshop spaces. Congrats on getting this far, and hang in there. Moving is really stressful but you can do it. And well done on keeping tabs on the bears!! xx

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Glad Open Live Writer did what it was supposed to. Do they have a new updated version? I've not gotten any notices.

House hunting would be a hard but exciting thing to do. This one you are waiting to hear about sounds good with a sewing room for you and a workshop for Hugh.

Living out of boxes is no picnic. May they soon be unpacked into the new house that is just right for the both of you and that you will make into your home sweet home.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Julie Fukuda said...

Though I wish for ore space for my quilting, I don't think I could handle another move. I pray all goes well and your things won't have to be hiding in boxes for long.

KB said...

I have thought of you recently, imagining how very hard you must be working but not wanting to bother you to ask if you're okay. I love that final cartoon - it must feel perfect for your situation. I hope that you know where you're moving to by Wednesday. That would put your mind at ease (and mine!). Take care and be sure to rest in the midst of all the hard work.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have been thinking of you and wondering if you had moved into your new house yet. I hope all goes well this week. Living out boxes is not fun.
Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and have a great new week ahead.

Allie said...

Praying and praying some more - update when you can, I know things must be a little crazy, girl! Love the mystery quilt, that is gorgeous, and I love that quote too - so perfect!!!

Carol Mattingly said...

Jean, I am so praying you get that home Wednesday you are hoping for. I know if you do you will be so happy. I can't wait for you to share pics and get everything sorted out and get to sewing and all that. Be careful and tell Hugh also, don't hurt yourself picking up boxes and such. It's so easy to do. My best wishes go out to you. Carol

Jenny said...

Thinking of you and hoping that the plans for the house you want will all fall into place. Moving is really stressful, as I'm sure you know by now!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Thank you for taking the time to give us the update. Sending love to you and wishes that everything g works out for the very best!

Mystic Quilter said...

Fingers and toes crossed for Wednesday for you Jean!! I'm looking forward to finding out where you're going to be living, very exciting - apart from the packing and un-packing.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sending quilty hugs to you, and high hopes you get the home of your dreams with the spectacular sewing room!

Leeanne said...

My fingers and toes are crossed for you! I love the saying about home is where the heart is, if only you can remember which box!

Inger said...

I so hope you will get the house you liked. It must be difficult before you know for sure. I hope all goes well and you will get all you need from a new home.

Cheryl said...

I hope that you find your new home soon and that you have a wonderful, bright, sunny, and spacious sewing room!

Our photos said...

Glad you found your batiks !

Jenn Jilks said...

I am hoping to leave this house feet first. I just cannot fathom moving, and the organization!
Thinking about you and your journey! All the best. xx

Clare said...

So pleased that you made a comment on my blog. I would love a bigger home on a smaller section ,so can have a sewing studio. Hubby`s a fire fighter on call in our little village and even though he`s retired,he`s not ready to leave this life style. I will put the link to your blog on mine so can see how things work out for your shift and stitching. Blessings.

Tanya said...

Good for you for getting some sewing in amidst all your cleaning and packing!