Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 15 March 2019

Thank you, thank you.

I was truly overwhelmed by all your loving and caring words for Felicity. I read them over again many times. Also those who left words on my Facebook page, the same. Love and care know no distances.

Sammy’s Mum and Dad are down south right now for an Austin vintage rally. I will load a photo of him when they come back.

Meantime, safe, quiet, peaceful New Zealand has been shaken to the very centre of all our hearts with a terrorist attack.

Two Mosques in Christchurch, the people there shortly after midday, in prayer, were attacked by terrorists. At the moment, there are 40 dead, more  that  are seriously injured, the city was in lockdown for about 5 hours.

There were also 2 vehicles with attached IED devises.. These were disarmed, and I pay tribute to all our police staff, ambulance staff, the public hospital, and traffic officers.There will be many more who played a huge part  to help and save people in today’s massive tragedy.

I have several quilting and sewing projects on the go, the last Bear was sewn,  the  Love with a Twist animals are slowly taking place.The garden has some more flowers and shrubs, and colour brightens the front fence line.

I send all my thoughts,prayers and hope to those in Christchurch.

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ Tomorrow is not promised, love your family

and  friends , tell them these words

and appreciate today”

Greetings from Jean.

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello

Prayers for the people of New Zealand and Christchurch. Wise words and quote, Tomorrow is not promised.

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

Prayers and thoughts and tears today for our great friend, New Zealand. We know how long the personal and national pain lingers in this situation and we are so sorry for the loss of innocence your country has suffered today. In a country so beautiful and friendly and safe, it is ever so shocking, hugs for your collective and individual heartaches. xx

Kate said...

I remember how horrible, and how one's sense of safety is shaken when there is a terrorist attack near you. Hug the ones you love, if they are near enough. Tell the rest that you love them.
If you are crazy, like me, you provide a safe home for a rescue animal.

Inger said...

Dearest Jean, I am so sorry this happened in your peaceful country. I don't understand all this hatred. Know that all good and sensible people of the world are thinking of your beautiful country today. I feel so bad for everyone there. Take care of yourself.

I'm sending love to you and your family, to the victims' families, to your entire country. There's so little one can do, except stand up for what is right, kind, and loving.

Fundy Blue said...

I'm keeping you, Hugh, your family, and fellow New Zealanders in my heart and prayers as you move through this wrenching period. Sending you a big hug.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is awful. I'm so sorry.
I had to turn off the news. It was terrible.
It will be hard, but people will heal.

Love from away!

Allie said...

I cannot fathom the hatred - prayers for all.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sending virtual hugs to you. I was horrified to see the wonderful peaceful New Zealand rocked by the terrible events this week. I do not understand why there is so much hatred in our world. Maybe someday all will learn to be at peace, to live and let live.

KB said...

I am so sorry about what happened in your peaceful and loving country. I have felt horrendous ever since hearing the news...

Nancy J said...

Thank you all so much for your loving words.
It seems hard to accept that this happened here, and we have had world wide coverage, comments, love, prayers and a huge outpouring of sympathy from all religions, all people and in so many countries. I cannot imagine how difficult it is for those who have specific burial practices that have, now, to accept a huge delay in receiving their family person back. NZ has had coroners from so many places, body identification experts from overseas, and our own army and police personnel flown in from all round the country, When you think that NZ is about the same area as all of Colorado, this is a massive event for us down here, with most hospitals not accustomed to multiple bullet wound patients in a huge number. Christchurch Hospital had 12 theatres all operating at the same time, and staff facing trauma not seen before. I thank all the people who have helped in any way, and a special Givealittle Victim Support fund page that was set up has been overwhelmed at the huge amount of donations received so far. This will be ring-fenced and more formal processes will be set in place to make sure the distribution is done correctly. Tonight, more than 4.2 million from over 58,000 donors has been donated and in another funding place, further donations have been received.We live a long way from this tragedy, but it has impacted on us all. I am not sure if, even if so far from all of this, I will feel safe again when in a Church, a crowded mall, or an open area were events are held. My thoughts to all of you tonight, stay safe, love and be loved, and know that your love travels down here and has been so welcome and has lifted my heart.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I was also shocked and saddened to hear of what has happened in Christchurch. Prayers being said for everyone! Enjoy your projects. I hope they go smoothly and you get them done!

Carol Mattingly said...

I pray for all of those people in Christchurch. It is so so so very sad Jean. I wished I understand this kind of violence better. Carol

Our photos said...

My thoughts are with You New Zealanders...there are no words