Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 21 December 2011

On a Winning Streak

tennis player
On Monday Josh,Danielle and I went to the tennis courts. We had some practise, then some rallies, then I had a rest!!!
Some more practise, then Danielle says “ Nanny, you are puffed, do you want to sit down?”
Or was it ‘ Nanny, you should sit down! You are puffing!!! :”
Whichever, I did have another  rest. Then we had a serious game, with correct scoring, Josh had “ Josh’s team” and the other was “ Nancy’s Team” comprising Danielle and myself.
 Two on our team,  well I thought that was OK, after all I am 71, and needed all the help I could have.!!!
Nancy’s Team won one game, Josh’s won 6 games.  Final score 6-1 .Well Done Josh.

CIMG0123

Here they are, maybe at Treble Cone, maybe at  Cardrona,  I didn’t get the photo labelled.
This was taken  this year in the school winter holidays.Ta Josh for the pics.
Quotation of the day  from Herbert Asquith
“Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life”
Cheers from Jean

No comments: