Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 8 August 2014

The Reality of Yesterday

 

I had phoned the surgery, we did visit the pharmacy, the faxed prescription was not faxed, we came home empty handed.

Our drive to town  yesterday, ( The Parody) and today  ( The Reality)  again  were both  uneventful, quite different if we had been in  Dunedin this morning. Thick snow, roads and schools closed, and lots of cars skidding into others, the sides of the streets, or left safely at home.

The photos were taken some time ago, over different years and months

The stream was a little floodedFlooded stream 2014 in July 2011

 

 

The sheep were on a country road down South, in December 2011Sheep in the way

The tractor was on the farm down south, January 2009.

Tractor in the way

The log was felled, in October 2011

Tree trunk 2014

Hugh and I walked the Kahikatea walk in October 2012

Jean on Kahikatea Walkway #2

And the gumboots, Google provided them I have deleted  the original photo of my pristine red and black ones

black gumboots #1

Snow south of Dunedin. Glad I didn’t need to go anywhere down there today!!!

Snow south of Dunedin

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ Do not believe all you see, read or hear,

a grain or two of salt helps

distinguish the imaginary from the reality”

Greetings from Jean

11 comments:

Janet said...

Ha, ha! Very witty Jean!

Nancy J said...

Hi Janet, I thought I needed to post this today to "Clarify" the situation. I did phone, they didn't fax, but the rest, well a bit of imagination and some photos from the past. Snow in huge amounts in the south, our younger daughter said about 6 inches earlier today, a maximum of about 0 Celsius, so it was mighty cold, but that's nothing to what your winters are. Cheers,Jean

TexWisGirl said...

wow! a LOT of snow! wow!

Jim said...

So, I am not to believe a word you have said, Jean? lol
We have had 'those' type of days when everything has gone wrong no matter what you do.
Happy you missed that snow!

fromsophiesview said...

I'm so glad the snow didn't reach you. It does put so much into perspective.....be safe and warm!!

Michaele said...

I hope you don't get that much snow. I enjoyed the photos. There always seems to be at least one word in every post that I have no idea how to pronounce. : )

Jenn Jilks said...

It is so hard being caregiver when people simply do not do their jobs. I'm sorry to hear this. The snow looks beautiful, however. I can say that! We're midsummer here. In a month I will be ready to let the gardens lie low.
Take care.

KB said...

I'm so glad it didn't snow on you! I hate those prescription mix-ups, especially when it's a long trip to the pharmacy. The same thing happens here, all too frequently.

camp and cottage living said...

Oh, what a pain! You do wonder how some people keep their jobs at times.
It truly is looking like Winter there, Jean. It's beautiful!

Here I Am Carrie said...

Love your photos you had used to tell your story. What a day that must have been to try and get your presciption. I really love the last photo of the snow covered hills, that would make a beautiful card. Life is work, work, and more work here. I don't know what I was thinking trying to persue my greeting cards now with more then one property to take care of now. But I did make my first sales at last weeks fleamarket and an upcoming music fest in in our town and I can set up for free on a street they are closing to traffic. Just always pray not to strong winds as my displays just won't take winds.

Karen said...

I can't wait for the snow here! That's a beautiful snow scene.