Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Sunday 23 July 2017

Day 10, I am recovering and the 10 Lords are Leaping!!!


12 Days Of Christmas in July Blog Hop banner

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments on the owls who sat in session at Parliament. I am so overwhelmed by all your words, and hope that sooner or later I get to see some of your own owls . I have one picked out to go on a cushion cover for Joyce, and then I might have a  sit down and a  rest. I will reply to each one of you, within the next FIVE to SEVEN  days..  There is a birthday to celebrate on the 25th!!!  So I have allowed for extra recovery time.

After all, the older you are, the longer it takes, for everything!!!

As there should have been a lady dancing yesterday, but the owls took up so much room, here is one today. I was maybe  15, and my Dad had it in one of his photo albums, with the words  “ A Duty Dance, ? ” This was maybe 1955, and the Maxina among other  dances was in fashion then.  Solemn as could be!!!

Nancy J and her Dad, maybe 1955

A little later, he had this photo, titled” In Happy Mood” so probably not at the same place!!! I am on the left, then my Dad and then my Mum.

Nan, Eric and Grace Appleby, maybe 1955

Dad was a whizz with words, and wrote poems or tales for every auspicious occasion or event that required some input. My Mum was a seamstress, a dressmaker, and a sewer of everything,  and as long as I can remember, she sewed. Cow covers, canvas with leather straps, working clothes, school clothes and uniforms,  wedding gowns, and all else. The modern machines today would seem like an unimaginable dream to her.

So onwards to todays blogs to hop to and leave another comment.

You will meet Meloney, and I am staggered at her “ July to do List” but am sure there will be time allotted for the  blog hop post. Visit her here.

Mel's Quilting Blog

Next is Mel, and as I scrolled through her blog, found so much to marvel at, and you all need to do that and see some of the knitting, crocheting and applique !!! Wow, they are all superbly stunning. Visit Mel here at

Resourceful Momma

Last for today is  Cheryl. You might have already met her, with her other post, and so many great ideas and projects to store away for later in the year.  Tune in again for some more inspiration.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting

There has been a slight change in the date for the comment tally. Sarah  has been called away , a family member is   very ill, so   the date of the giveaway announcement and the winners  is now Friday 4th August instead of July  28th. I am sure we all send Sarah, her husband and all the family a heap of caring thoughts and more.

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ The most important things in life

are not  things at all,

they are Family and Friends”

Greetings from Jean.




5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the old photos of you and your Mom & Dad. Sounds like you come from a very creative family. I love the quote too, it is so true.

Wishing you a very happy birthday!

Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

Jenn Jilks said...

We've been enjoying our weather. The deerflies are horrid, however. I spent a couple of hours fixing my new goldfish pond fountain, and JB's founatin. I finally took a shower and took 2 antihistamines. The bugs are horrid!!!! (Did I say that?) I'm so itchy. Then, phoebe's flown, and I took down the nest. Covered in mites. sigh. Warm, dry hugs from here! Did you see my shoutout? I used my quilted bag. So pretty!!!!

Jenny said...

Beautiful family photos, Jean. So nice to have them to look back on, and remember such happy times.

Mystic Quilter said...

Jean, I haven't been keeping up with these posts I'm afraid!! I shall remedy that asap.

Fundy Blue said...

I love your family photos, Jean! I can see each of your parents in you.