Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Monday 24 July 2017

Day 11, 11 Pipers were Piping for the 12 Days Of Christmas Blog Hop

Well, here we are on the penultimate day of this wondrous event.

Sadly, two members  of the hop have had a heart-breaking loss of a family member and my heartfelt sympathy goes to Sarah and Meloney.

My Mum was born in Cambuslang, in Scotland, on 25th July, 1903,  and according to her birth certificate it was at #5, Smithfield Terrace, , words including “ father present”. That was what I think would have been called a miner’s row, and is no longer there.But no doubt my Nanny, my grandfather,  and their family often heard men piping for special occasions.

Photo courtesy of the internet, of  Main Street, Cambuslang  , circa 1904 .

Cambuslang,main street, circa 1904,.

The blog hoppers to visit today include  Anja over at

Anja Quilts

I hopped there, maybe a day early, and the first  fabric I see is tartan. How wonderful is that,so fitting to be there for the pipers. Call back later to see what magic she has for us.

Now travel to visit Judy here.

PickingandStitching

I am also a little early here , but the photos show some wonderful quilts, and so much more. I am calling back later.

Almost there, call into Jen here.

A Dream and a Stitch

She has been so busy, a new project, some gifts, and no doubt will also show us something we will all enjoy so much.

Can you believe that tomorrow, the 25th, is the last day of this fabulous stroll along a quilter’s street, across oceans, interstate and between countries?

For me, I have met so many wonderful quilters, saved quite a few…  maybe too many , projects for later in the year, and added some wonderful new  friends to my blog list. Then I found I also have some new followers, Thank you all so much for adding me to your list too. I am hoping you have all enjoyed this hop, and we will have one more day to gather up our fabrics , and find some last projects to add to our collection.

Quotation of the day,author unknown

“ Everyday there is beauty in everyday things,

enjoy every one every day.”

Greetings from Jean.

3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, prayers for your blogging friends and their family. The photo of Main Street looks like several I have seen here in the USA. Love the pretty quote.
Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Jenn Jilks said...

Losing family is terribly difficult.

Fundy Blue said...

My roots are almost all Scottish, so I especially enjoyed hearing about your mother's origins, Jean.