Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 8 August 2019

It must be time, the Builder Said.....

Today the storage shelves were installed, a wall hanging or two have adorned the wall and the big cabinet, and already the shelves are filling up with plastic bins.
This is how it was, divided off from what was a bedroom , on the other side , this way from the broom is a short hall, with the freezer and a new cabinet for linen. At the far end, on the other side, is a half bathroom with a toilet, vanity, and storage in what was the wardrobe.
Both bathrooms have new windows, aluminium frames with  double glazed heavy duty glass,  retro fitted into the  original wooden frames. They are fantastic!!!

This is looking in from the hallway door, I have the Tibouchina flower wall hanging temporarily there, I hope to find a larger one and have it up permanently. On the large cabinet on the front left side,  another wall hanging, from Sandra over at mmm quilts


The shelves  are heavy duty white melamine, and I LOVE it all so much . Those holes where the uprights are screwed in for extra holding, have been filled and tomorrow get sanded and painted.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, and enquiries if I am AOK. Life has been busier then I could have imagined, and between the plumber, who was here on Tuesday to install a wonderful new tub, like this one, courtesy of the internet, the lino man who laid new vinyl in the laundry, and out to the front door, the painter, who is very particular, and the builder, I have been too involved to post anything here. I have left comments and caught up with the news here and on Facebook. Some sad news  from the Northern friends in N.S. as Jim farewells his Dad today, Thursday down here, tomorrow on Thursday, Canada time.  Another friend has a family member not well, so my thoughts are and have been flying up to you all.
 Quotation of the day, author unknown

 "True friends are like stars, they are always there even when the sky is so dark "
Greetings from Jean

21 comments:

Out To Pasture said...

Wow, you sure have been busy, Jean! But it must be exciting to plan and customize to your own requirements and taste. As well as fabric storage, I hope there is plenty of good lighting to sew by. Happy quilting!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like you are getting some great spaces done! Condolences and hugs to you.

KB said...

What wonderful progress!!!! I am so glad that you are OK and still blogging. Enjoy the fruits of all of the labor on your home.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It seems you can never have too many shelves. They look very nice too. By the time you are finished your place will be like new. Love the friends are like stars comment. Have a happy day and a great weekend ahead!

Carol Mattingly said...

I had a feeling you were so busy you couldn't get to FB or your blog. I am happy to see things are getting finished up the way you want. Having a new home with everything the way you like it is a plus. Have fun getting everything finished up. Carol

Mystic Quilter said...

So your shelves are all in, great storage for you Jean. Don't forget to show us a photo of the shelves full of fabric!

Susan Heather said...

So pleased it is coming along well. It seems a very large house. Looking forward to more "after" photos.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So nice to see you!
You have given us a case of shelf envy, Jean. These are beautiful and endlessly useful. Glad you have been well and busy. Cheers!

DUTA said...

Enjoy the fruit of your house renovation! How wonderful to have melamin shelves, bathroom new windows, new tub, new vinyl...!
So far, it sounds as being a work smoothly done.

Kathleen said...

I love those shelves! It is so much work but worth it in the end. Good luck with the progress and hope it is done soon.

Our photos said...

It's looking good !!

Allie said...

It's looking so great, Jean!!!!!

Sharon - IN said...

What lovely renovations! Progress sure feels good, doesn't it? May you continue to enjoy home and health.

Fundy Blue said...

It's great to see you post again, Jean! Your renovations are coming along beautifully! I love your storage shelves! I've been emptying our "cold study," and once I get rid of some surplus furniture, I'm going to turn the room into a storage area, possibly with shelves like yours. We're pretty discouraged with our house hunt, but I'm moving forward with getting rid of things. The wall hangings are lovely. It was sad to learn that Pops had died. Jim was such a great son, and I know he and Ron are feeling Pops loss deeply. I hope that your friend's family member is doing better. Hugs to you and Hugh!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So sorry for your loss and hope that your friend's family member improves. How wonderful for all of that shelf space! Looks so pretty!

Jenn Jilks said...

I missed your post and your birthday! I think of you often.
The kids are going to NZ next April...
Happy birthday.

Barb said...

Just catching up Jean! You sound busy and happy. A belated birthday greeting from CO. I didn't know about Jim's Dad - I'll e-mail him.

Powell River Books said...

Thanks for coming over to my blog from Jenn's. She's an amazing grandmother. My grandmother was born in Norway and came to the States at about age six. She wore her long hair in a bun on top of her head and always wore a dress with a full apron. She didn't finish high school but was the best read person I knew growing up. She kept up with world affairs and politics, but was a homemaker first. Sounds like we had some common experiences. Hope you gardening turns out well. I find I can grow enough for us to have fresh food in summer and a few things to can with just the floating garden and pots on the cabin deck. - Margy

Eggs In My Pocket said...

just dropping by to say hello. Hope all is well! Have a good week ahead!

Dee said...

Dear Jean, I'm so glad you left a comment on my recent posting. Because of that I was able to find your blog again. I called you Nancy in my response to your comment, but now I realize you go by Jean!

I'm not into doing any remodeling in the house, but I am decluttering. Two young friends (they are in their 30s) helped me in late July. Now everything is on shelves and the bins and boxes are labeled. The garage is attached to the house and its entry is through the kitchen. I go out there almost each day and just stand and feel happy that it is organized and I can find--and reach!!!!--everything. So happy for you that all this has gone so well. Peace.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

It's looking great. I love the shelves!
Have a wonderful (and not too busy) Sunday!