Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Tuesday 10 December 2019

Where have I been???

Hello friends across the world. 

I am still here, but life was busy, then my laptop ran into some  minor, then huge problems, the mess and  dust overwhelmed me, so I took a wee holiday.

I am now using Hugh's laptop so no photos today, I will  load some very soon.
The painter is almost all done, he has one room, walls and skirting boards, one last coat on skirting boards in the hall, and a lovely clean palish grey is wonderful after mustard wallpaper. White trims all through, and I need to pick some new curtains.
However!!!!! We looked at fabric and the one I really liked was so expensive, ending up over $2000 for the fabric, about $800 for the lining. So we are looking again, and maybe in March when the kitchen will be tackled, they can be finalised.
I have been reading all your news, snow, ice, cold days and nights, then here in NZ, flowers blooming, rivers flooding, and yesterday a tragedy as White Island had a massive eruption. Many there were tourists and the tour guides and operators,  so far  the outlook for those who survived is not good, I cannot  imagine the horror as it happened so quickly.

I have some sewing to finish before Christmas, 3 bags that will be going back to Australia for a friends daughter and his 2 sons. 

Thank you for all your enquiries, we are both well,  I will see how long I can cope with Hugh's bigger laptop. the keyboard is larger than mine, and a MacBook Air or Pro might be a late Christmas present,
Do many of you  use blogger on an iMac, or MacBook? I will need to consult the IT man in our family when he is on holiday.
Meantime.....
Quotation of the Day, author unknown

When you want a rainbow in your life, listen to the rainfall first

Greetings from Jean.

17 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Good to see you back Jean!!
I have always had an iMac so everything I do is with that machine, yes, I do blog on it.
Husband has a MacBook but I find I like a separate keyboard and a mouse.

Out To Pasture said...

Yes, we certainly have been wondering about your posting lapse. However, since you've been leaving a nice trail of comments, we knew you were okay. Jean, I for one am a big fan of Apple products. I use Blogger on my twelve year old iMac. It's never even given me a second of grief. And of course my iPad (also no youngster) is so handy to browse on. Glad to hear you've been busy decorating your new digs. So important to 'put our own stamp' on our homes. Yep, textiles seem very pricey here as well! (Sigh)

Terra said...

It sounds like your home will be beautiful and all freshened up. I have been having home improvements done for the past three years, since the death of my dear husband.

Fundy Blue said...

Whoo Hoo! You're here, Jean! I have been checking almost every day. I use blogger with my MacBook Pro, and I've been happy overall. I need to get a new computer very soon. Mine is a 2012, and it is overburdened with 130,000 photos and 650 videos. I'm glad that your renovations are almost there! You will be happy to have it done, I'm sure! I heard about the tragic volcano eruption on White Island, and I watched the Guardian video. So awful! I knew you would be sewing! Good luck finishing your projects. Hugs to you and Hugh!

Lori Skoog said...

Hello Jean! Looking forward to some photos of your home when you are finished painting. I have an iMac...have always had Macs and love them, you will too! Hope you get one soon.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So good to see this post from you dear Jean! Pretty soon your new home will be finished with renovations and you can sit back and relax. May you and Hugh have a lovely Christmas and a great 2020. Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Jenn Jilks said...

There you are. I saw this horrid event on the news. It is so sad. I have to turn off the news some days.

I'm so glad you are making progress, despite your computer. I've only had Macs and they are so much easier and intuitive than PCs. The sales will be excellent soon!

I'm looking forward to you home updates.
Take good care! xx

Jenny said...

Welcome back Jean. It's certainly busy with home renovations and decorating, but the end must be in sight now. Added to that, the pre Christmas rush, no wonder you needed a little break.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Curtains and fabric can be so expensive especially when re doing a room! So good to find that you and your husband are doing well!

Susan Heather said...

Good to hear that you are both doing well. I had just been thinking of you and, magic, there you are.

Sandra Walker said...

So glad to know you are okay; I was thinking about you big time over the past week as I plan to make your delicious Christmas cakes in cupcake tins recipe again this year! I use blogger on my MacBook Pro and it’s excellent. I absolutely love my Apple products. We watched a couple of news reports on the eruption, just so very tragic. One of my yoga students was in New Zealand two weeks ago, loved it. I read an article on our CBC site interviewing a guy on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship who has several travellers missing and they fear for the worst but they’re staying in port until every single passenger is accounted for. Oh I can relate on the dust everywhere and chaos too here...

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I have a Macbook Air, and love it. Yes, any computer can work with blogger, it is just the operating system will be different from a PC, but once you get used to that it's a breeze. Missed you, glad to know all is well. My thoughts go out to those on White Island, such a terrible thing.

Sharon - IN said...

Hello Jean,
Your house is sounding lovely. And with kitchen plans for the future, it will be all you soon! How tragic about the volcano and lives lost. So sad.
It's nice seeing you back posting on your blog.
Merry Christmas!

KB said...

I am so happy that you posted! The work on your new home must feel as if it's gone on forever! But it sounds like it will be finished before too long/

I'm afraid that I use either a macbook pro or an ipad when I use Blogger so I am no help at all.

Enjoy your summertime!

Carol Mattingly said...

Glad you are back and my prayers go out to White Island and those lost and their friends and family. Terrible tragedy. One never knows in this world. You have been an especially busy lady for the last year. I knew you would be. By now you surely must feel at home in your new place. Carol

Tanya said...

Yes! Glad to see you blogging again. I thought of you and New Zealand when I heard of the volcano eruption. Japan has had a couple of sudden eruptions too with life lost but the New Zealand one sounds so terrible.

The Furry Gnome said...

I realize I have missed a group of your posts. And you're not the only one; sometimes I don't know how longer works!