Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Tuesday 24 December 2019

"Twas the Night Before Christmas

And all through the house, there was turmoil.
The  baking was done and packed up, the parcels were wrapped, the lawn was mown, Grandson called in to collect the gifts and baking to go North, then the phone rang.
Our grand-daughter is in hospital with suspected appendicitis.  Scans, blood tests, and admitted for observation!!! So we will all have a sleepless worrying night.
However, for many families, Santa will visit,  others will have tears as they have lost homes in Australia, loved ones in accidents,  and others not able to be together.
Down here I am so thankful for our  home, our friends, and all my wonderful blog friends so many miles away.
This blurry sunflower is bright and beautiful. 
I hope for you all, your day is also bright, full of love and happiness.
Season's Greetings to each one, with all Good Wishes for the New Year.

May 2020 be kind, may dreams come true, and friendships continue.

Quotation of the day ,from a friend

" Plan for tomorrow, live for today"

Greetings from Jean.

14 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Oh dear - sorry to hear about your granddaughter. Hope she can be operated on soon if that is what is needed. Not the best start for the Christmas season.

Love and hugs

Out To Pasture said...

I hope your grand-daughter has a quick and positive outcome to her hospital stay, Jean! The sunflowers are a welcome sight for us northern dwellers. All the best to you and your's as 2019 winds down and 2020 awaits it's turn.

Kathie said...

Merry CHRISTmas! Stay safe and everything will be fine.

Sandra Walker said...

Merry or Happy Christmas my friend! Here it is the start of Christmas Eve. I hope your granddaughter recovers quickly; my husband had a ruptured appendicitis many years ago, very scary. Not sure you saw on IG that I made your Baby Christmas Cakes again this year, YUM! We are enjoying them! I may have to make a second batch...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Pray that all will be well with your grand-daughter.

Merry Christmas dear Jean and have a wonderful 2020 ~ FlowerLady

Kate said...

Merry Christmas, Jean!

Shelley Folkerts said...

Merry Christmas to you, Jean and Hugh! Prayers for a speedy recovery for your granddaughter!It is rush rush around here on Christmas Eve. I have finished and delivered 2 of 3 commissioned quilts. The third needs quilting yet. I am working on a quilt project of a different kind today.A wooden barn quilt for my Mother inlaw's garage. Watching paint dry is not as fun as sewing.We wish you the best for the holidays.

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas, Jean and Hugh. Wishing your grand daughter a speedy recovery, it's not much fun being sick this time of year.

KB said...

I am sending lots of healing wishes to your granddaughter. I hope that you can enjoy the day because the news is that she is recovering. Big hugs to you.

Kathleen said...

Merry Christmas! I do hope your granddaughter does well and recovers quickly!

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm so sorry about your grandie.
And the fires, my word.

Merry Christmas!

Julie Fukuda said...

I hope everything works out for the best and you can enjoy what is left of your holiday. Thanks so much for another year of friendship.

Tanya said...

Merry Christmas and I hope your granddaughter gets to join in the cheer soon. It is no fun being sick on Christmas!

Mystic Quilter said...

Only just seen this post Jean, what a start to Christmas you all have had - I see you have more recent post so I'll visit now, hope all is OK