Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Monday 24 March 2014

Update on ….Not One, But Two

 

Life carries on regardless, and what we have in our life right now is nothing compared to the grief of  the  families of the passengers on the missing plane, the lives lost in the mudslide in Snohomish County, Washington.

Hugh has had a  day with  a little less pain, thanks to medication given regularly, and I  am sure,  in ample doses. His MRI is on the urgent list, and possibly tonight, or tomorrow. The room is full, the whole ward extra busy, physio has visited, also the Orthopaedic surgeon.

Home is very quiet, and even though Hugh is not a talkative man, I miss his words.

Thanks you all for such caring, uplifting and supportive words. I have read every one of your posts, and enjoy the news, weather, on-going canine ventures and more.Even more snow in some places. When I am a little/ a bit/ well, I  need to be quite a lot more relaxed and less worried, will comment on your blogs again.

Felicity May 2012

Felicity is quiet company at night.

Tonight there were those few minutes of  glorious colour in the western sky.

March sunset

Quotation of the day. from Vera Nazarian,                                                The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration

 

Was it you or I who stumbled first? It does not matter. The one of us who finds the strength to get up first, must help the other.”

Greetings from Jean

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

My prayers will continue for you and Hugh! Lovely sky shot and Felicity is a cutie! I love the quote! Have a happy day and week ahead!

Nicky said...

Thinking of you Jean, take care and I hope you and Hugh both enjoy a restful nights sleep. xo

Susan Heather said...

Jean, somehow I missed yesterday's post. So sorry to hear Hugh has been (is) having more pain.

I do hope they get to the bottom of it and find a solution.

Look after yourself.

Hugs from the north.

The Furry Gnome said...

Thinking of you Jean. Glad you enjoyed my quilt posts; did those for you.

Georgia said...

Love the quote,Jean. G

TexWisGirl said...

i am glad hugh got at least a little relief. i know this waiting is hard!

felicity is such a beauty. :)

Nancy J said...

Good morning all, no more news from the Hospital so far, and again, so many thanks for all your care, prayers and hugs from afar. Mr F.G., quilt photos for me, I am so honoured, and treasure that so much. Off to see Hugh this morning, no visit yesterday, I succumbed on Sunday night to the dreaded 24 hour lurgy that is in the area, and could not risk a visit, even after the upheavals stopped. Greetings, Jean.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Hope Everything is working out for you and Hugh will be better.
Hugs from M//

Carol Mattingly said...

God will never give you more than you can handle. Isn't that how the saying goes. Please get some rest, take care of Hugh and I hope soon to hear MRI news. Carol

Karen said...

I hope the tests will reveal the problem and Hugh will be well on his way to healing soon. My thoughts are with you Jean. Take care of yourself.

Tanya said...

I am sorry to hear of your husband's hospitalization! Even a bit of back pain is debilitating and I can't imagine sciatica. Be careful that you don't end up with back pain too sleeping in a lazy boy!

Thinking of you.

Nancy J said...

Heartfelt thanks for all your words. MRI was at 2 p.m. today, hope for results tomorrow. Not sure if Cheers is the right ending, so Goodnight all, from Jean.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Uplifting thoughts and prayers for you and Hugh, and for good results with the MRI. Take care. Blessings./

KB said...

I am glad to read that Hugh has had his MRI and is resting more comfortably. I am sure that you miss him but perhaps this is the first step toward a happier time in the near future. I am thinking of you. Your quote is perfect.

Barb said...

Thinking of you both - hope there are some answers about Hugh and that you feel better, Jean. Grands are here for spring break so not much time on computer. Just checking in and sending hugs.

Nancy J said...

Update this morning, Wednesday 16th., tomorrow Hugh will be given a steroid injection, maybe 2... L4-L5, and L5-S1, and if all goes well, Hugh will come home. I think they hope it will give some much needed pain relief, but no guarantee, maybe 6 months, maybe 5 years, all an unknown area.He is a bit brighter, as he did actually ask " What are you doing on your blog now", and was very happy when I told him of all your wonderful comments, he too does appreciates them so very much. No more news, might do a new post tomorrow with better news. Cheers to you all, Jean.

Tomoko said...

Nice to see you again,Jean!
I visited Live and Learn and read your comment on her post.I was impressed by your comment. You do the project " Bags for Japan from New Zealand"!!

I hope everything is well for you and Hugh will be better.
My spring break will over soon.
Take care.

Susan Heather said...

I do hope the injection is the answer and Hugh is home soon pain free.

More hugs from the north.

Sandy said...

Finally got to read your posts. So sorry about the continuing hospital visits and sending strength your way. Love the yellow ambulances. Certainly won't be missed on the roads.