Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Saturday 15 December 2018

We have moved into our next home


After some hiccups on Friday 7th, we are in our new home.  We do have internet, finally yesterday, but no landline,so I am very thankful to have a smart phone.Some boxes have been unpacked, and the cardboard is on the trailer. This is not as much as the first load that has  already gone to the transfer station.

some of the empty cardboatrd boxes

The little playhouse is full of camping gear, maybe that will get sold. I cannot see myself out in the wilderness and  sleeping in a tent ever again.

The playhouse is full already

The wonderful large cutting table has a sheltered place on the verandah meantime, and this is a great place for the clothes lines The clothes dryer is also meantime out there.



The cutting table,meantime on the sheltered verandah


And, naturally, in case you have wondered, the long arm quilting frame is inside. I have found a place for it, but, also meantime, it has STUFF on it.


Under all that stuff is the quilting long arm frame

So far quite a bit of shuffling things around, leaving so many boxes to un-pack later on, and one new appliance. The  old dish washer recycled itself, from a rinse to a heavy duty wash all over again!!! and on inspection, the pump was failing. A new Bosch, the wonderful men came, took the old one away,the new one  fitted  in perfectly, and all is well in the kitchen.


The first new appliance

I have missed, SO much, having the internet and reading of all your news,  catching up with the Bears for November and December, and reading of your travels, and some with tears as I learn of serious health issues. New animals, starry night skies, snow, music, and walks on the beach and the quilts both North and South.

Maybe my life will be back to normal, my Bernina will be out of the box, and some sewing and quilting will start again.

Meantime fondest greetings to  every  one of my blog friends , may there be sunshine and love in your lives.

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ Be thankful for all help given,

all love, friendship and tenderness  offered

that will make each day so much easier,

and  remember to share  your own happiness and sadness with friends”

Greetings from Jean.

22 comments:

Susan Heather said...

So pleased to hear you are starting to get settled. Wishing you all the best.

Julie Fukuda said...

So happy to see that you are finally getting settled. I hope you will be able to start off the year at a less hectic pace. I also hope that replacing old items with new ones works out. I have been so disgusted that neither of the two washing machines I bought were even a fraction as good as the one that died, At least I don't have a dishwasher except for what is at the ends of my arms and I know those work fine because they got a workout at today's homeless dinner. I'll be wishing you a quick return to the sewing and blogging.

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

Congratulations on moving into your new home Jean. I had to laugh.... the first thing we had to do when we moved into our current house was replace the dishwasher, and after 9 years we have just replaced it again, with the exact same model as yours. Good choice :)
Hope you settle in easily and that you will have bears rolling off your machine in no time.
Take care xx.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I know you are happy to have finally moved into your new home. I hope now you can take your time unpacking and finding places for all your things. I hope you take time out to do something that makes you happy. Love the quote, all wonderful to have friends willing to help out. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Lori Skoog said...

You have been very busy!!!!

Paige said...

Wonderful! I hope you are settled in soon!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Congratulations on moving into your new place! It takes time to get settled, and you can now take your time getting things just the way you want. Have fun while you unpack and set up your new sewing space!

Out To Pasture said...

At last, whew! Still lots of work ahead with organizing your new home but the main effort is well behind now. Congratulations, Jean. New adventures await!

Dee said...

Dear Jean, how wonderful to be in your new home and to making it into a home. I left Minnesota in 2009, after living there for 38 years (the last 32 in the same house). Moving was hard--saying good-bye to friends and to a home that had been built in 1870 by a lumberjack and that had brought so much goodness into my life.

Moving here to Missouri in 2009--nearly10 years ago--proved to be a wise move as my family was here to help me when I began to have one illness after another. But I did make one big mistake--a mistake that may have so stressed me out that it brought on some of the illness. That is, I insisted on everything being perfect in the house immediately. All the boxes unpacked. Everything put away. all the walls paints. Everything done to make the home what it had taken me 32 years to accomplish in Minnesota. Please be patient with yourself. Give yourself, I would say, a good year to get settled! Peace.

Jenn Jilks said...

I am so happy for you! Your fans are clapping!
I'm looking forward to more new quilting projects photos! You are amazing.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

How exciting to hear you are moved into your new home! I wish you the best as you continue to settle in and make it cozy and just right.

Kathleen said...

What great progess! hope you can get back to sewing soon!

Jenny said...

Best of luck with all those boxes. Moving is always such a busy time, and your household is doing it just before Christmas!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So glad and thankful to read that you are in your new home and settling in.

Happy Christmas holidays and new beginnings and memory making ~ FlowerLady

Mystic Quilter said...

So pleased to read your note yesterday Jean and to see this post up from you. I had been wondering how things were going but didn't want to disturb you by making a call.
Love the new dishwasher and gradually all the other stuff will find the appropriate place in your new home. Take it easy over Christmas!!

Carol Mattingly said...

I was never so happy to hear that you had finally moved. I hope all of your furniture is in and you're almost done unpacking. It does take some time. It sounds like you are doing great and I am so happy for you. In your new home for Christmas. What a treat! Have fun getting organized. Best wishes. Carol

The Furry Gnome said...

So wonderful to see this post and know that you've successfully made the move. I've been waiting for this. Now, good luck with your unpacking!

KB said...

I was so thrilled to see a post from you. I am happy that you are finally in your new home! I agree with the others - please try not to work yourself too hard. This transition must have been very stressful. Now you can settle in and relax! Sending lots of love to you.

Tanya said...

How nice to have the move behind you! I hope you will have many golden years in your new home with lots of sewing to keep your hands busy!

Inger said...

I'm so happy you are in your new home in time for Christmas. I know you have a lot of work to do and hope you are not overdoing it. Take care and have a Merry Christmas in your new home.

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the new home! I hope that settling in goes quickly and smoothly.

Our photos said...

I am glad to read all thing are starting to normalize !