Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Here until I get my wings!!!

Hello everyone, I am so heartened by all your loving and caring words,thoughts and prayers.
The treadmill test went well, I didn't have to climb Mt Everest, just a small hill. Nothing remarkable showed, at least that is what I thought, but an ECG later in the ward was positive for whatever they are looking for. So I will be flown to Wellington for an angiogram when the cardiac team and theatre can fit me in.
Meantime I am not allowed to go home,and am so thankful for all the wonderful care.
How things change, on Saturday thought I would go home later that day.
I tried to save a pic of the bigger regional hospital but that failed.
Thank goodness for an iPad in here.
I am slowly catching up with all your news both here in NZ and way up north.

So we, the 4 ladies in this room,have decided we have tunnel vision after 2 days. Apart from medications ,dr visits,nurses rounds,I can look out the window and see through the clouds the mountain,same one in my header photo.
Quotation of the day
" like a block of good cheese taking time to mature, all things happen in their own order"
Greetings from Jean.

16 comments:

R's Rue said...

Love the quote.

Terra said...

You will be flown to Wellington, wow. I hope all goes very successfully and finds your spirits still good. Be well, friend.

Susan Heather said...

What a great view and quote. I hope the cardiac team and theatre can fit you in soon and everything goes well. It reminds me of when Doug was sent to Auckland for stents before I met him. His late wife was in hospital and he was told that it was a bit more serious and he needed a quadruple bi-pass. At first he was told it would take place straight away but then they realised he was on blood thinners so he had to wait a few days. He asked if he could go home but was told that if he did he would go to the bottom of the list and probably die before he had the op. He ended up having the op at the Mater Hospital and got home in time to look after his wife in her final days.

8 years later he is fitter than most 84 year olds.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am thankful you have a great medical team looking after you. Sending prayers and good wishes for your next procedure. Love the quote. Take care and be well. Have a great day!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is actually good news! Now that the problem is identified, they can fix it. Hang in there!!

Sharon - IN said...

Hoping getting your wings means you fly through the angiogram and any procedure deemed necessary to get you back on your feet. Godspeed!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad the treadmill test wasn't too difficult and I hope they can fit you in for an angiogram soon!

Karen said...

Hope all goes well Jean.

Jenny said...

Sending you very best wishes for the next stage of your medical adventure. Hang in there, it will all be over soon and you will be going home, better than ever!

Mystic Quilter said...

Jean you are in the best place right now and it may not be too long a wait before they fly you down to Wellington. At least you have a beautiful view from your room of the Central Plateau mountains. When we lived in Wanganui 62/63 I have a wonderful view of Mt Ruapehu from my bedroom window. Yes, follow doctor's orders and rest, hope you have plenty of reading matter with you. Let us know when you head to Wellington, if possible, and very good luck with the angiogram. Hopefully they can sort out the problem for you. Thinking of you!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a neat quote Jean! Wishing you the best!

Julie Fukuda said...

I hope things move along without too much dithering. I'd keep my fingers crossed, but it is a bit hard to quilt that way.

KB said...

I am thinking of you, Jean. Lots of love to you.

Allie said...

Praying so hard for you hon!!!!

Carol Mattingly said...

We're still here with you Jean. I hope you are hanging in there. Tell all the ladies in your room that Carol from Nashville, Tennessee, in the U.S.A. says hello and get well all of you. Carol

Jenny said...

Sending you very best wishes for the next stage of your medical adventure. Hang in there, it will all be over soon and you will be going home, better than ever!