Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 31 December 2020

The End of the Year 2020

 This has been a year  like no other, but blog friendships remain constant and true, as our distances across the  miles and oceans  are but a fraction of time as we write and talk.

I still have a lot, well, a massive pile of UFO to complete, and will wait until my eyes " Can See Clearly", as the song says. There have been  some wonderful quilt along blocks, some finished, the Tour Blocks of USA are continuing, and should finish in about July 2021.

I wish you all a Happy New Year, with health as it should be, families safe at their distance, and all doggies, cats, horses and fabric projects keeping you happy.

Here in the garden the flowers continue to show their glory.

Tall Hollyhocks and the lemon Lily tower above the other plants, standing a little to the right of our darling Moxy.

The white Hollyhock has the most delicate pink tinges.


These are so tall, and  will grow taller.Sheltered by our friends' garage, they have not needed stakes so far.

The Lily has about 30 buds, slowly unfolding.


Morning shadows as I ventured out earlier, we have birds in the one tall tree, and lots of orange Day Lilies scattered throughout, some will get dug up for friends soon.

Thank you all so much for your continued loving comments and words, our friendships cannot be described adequately, but if I try hard, words like " Unique, lasting, loyal, constant, true, caring and loving" come to mind.

May you all have a Happy New Year, with your families staying safe where-ever they live .

Quotation for today, author unknown, 

"Wishes for Health, Happiness and Memories filled with Love and Joy."

Greetings from Jean


17 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Your garden is looking so good. Happy New Year to you. Love the quote.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jean,

Lovely captures of your flowers and garden, looks beautiful. I wish you good health, happiness, love and joy in the New Year! Happy New Year to you and your family.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Happy New Year, may 2021 be a better year for all of us.

Jenny said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Jean. MY 2021 be kinder to us all.
Must tell you, I have been dipping into those bags of fabric scraps you dropped off here some time ago, some of the little squares have ended up in a couple of donation quilts so far.

Carol Mattingly said...

Happy New Year to you and Hugh. Be safe, be healthy and I prayer your eyes get better. See you in the New Year! Carol

Inger said...

Dear Jean, Happy New Year to you and your family. I wish a healthy year for you and Hugh. And much happy quilting, of course. You are so talented and it must bring you so much joy.

Kathleen said...

Happy New Year, Jean! When is your eye surgery. My husband has his 1/28 and 3/15 (I think). We are both ready for it.

Barb said...

So lovely to see your blooms in 2021. I wish I could share some snow with you. You and Hugh keep well. I'm thinking of you this New Year's Day.

QuiltGranma said...

Lovely flowers, lovely garden. Mine just got planted last year, so will take some time to fill in.

Lorna McMahon said...

Your blooms are a particularly welcome sight for me as we head into winter here. Happy New Year my dear friend!

Fundy Blue said...

Happy New Year you and Hugh! Thank you for sharing your glorious flowers. I never see hollyhocks here, and I love them so much! All the best to you!

KB said...

Your garden is gorgeous! Happy New Year to you. I hope that 2021 is kind to you and all of us.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hello Jean, so good to see your post come up on the screen.Well yes, this last year has certainly been like no other and hopefully this year will be easier for all of us. Thank you for showing us the photos of your garden, nothing like cheering us all than looking at flowers.
I'll keep this short as I am behind in reading posts but will speak soon and in the meantime take care of yourself and wishing you and all the family a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Dee said...

Dear Jean, thank you for sharing the photographs of flowers and green grass and the beauty that you can see from your window. I hope, like you, that 2021 will bring an end to the pandemic and I hope also that the lessons we've been learning will reside within us for the rest of our lives. Lessons of patience and gratitude and good will and all that makes us part of the Holy Oneness of All Creation. Peace.

Ela said...

Beautiful flowers!
I wish you a Happy New Year !
Greetings

Sharon - IN said...

What a beautiful and inviting yard! Lovely flowers, so nice for you to enjoy. Hoping for a happy and healthy new year!

Jenn Jilks said...

The 'new' place seems beautiful for you! JB still has a sore neck, and all the outdoor chores are mine. I keep thinking of your old driveway, as I snowplow our 100m drive!