Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Sunday 25 December 2022

Season's Greetings to you all

 The Christmas Season seems to be so different this year, summer here seems to be late in its arrival,  ,  and in the US and Canada, the storm has taken over everything, travel disrupted, plans cancelled, power outages, the last update was 1.5 million without power  in  Canada, with bad weather from B.C. to the Maritimes.

And while you will undoubtably have a very white Christmas, this morning we have a clear sky,  today with a temperature reaching 20C, or 68F.


The Golden Lilies with red hollyhocks showing in some places,  from earlier this year last summer.



And an archive photo of Hugh and myself on my birthday some years ago, July 25th, mid winter here,  we drove up from Ohakune to the southern side of Mt Ruapehu, where the Turoa ski field is.  This is just  to show all my friends in the North that we do get snow here, and I actually have been in it.



 
So this is to wish you all, my dear  friends here and far  away ,  a Joyous Christmas, stay safe, stay warm, or down here, enjoy the sunshine, sea or lake .

Quotation of the day, author unknown.

" Christmas is a season of great joy:
 a time for remembering the past and hoping for the future.
May the glorious message of peace and love
 fill you with joy  every day"

Greetings from Jean

21 comments:

local alien said...

Have a very Merry Christmas. It's around 20o here in Greece, or supposed to be tomorrow.
May your festive days be merry and brifgt

local alien said...

Hope your Christmas day is merry and bright. Wishing you all the best

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jean,
Love your lilies and you and Hugh on the snow field.
Merry Christmas to you and your family. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Kate said...

It looks like you will have a lovely day.
I have no place I have to go and nothing I have to do. So, you will find me by the fire with my knitting.

Carol Mattingly Photography said...

Have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year Jean and Hugh! Be safe and happy and healthy!

Out To Pasture said...

You are so right about the stormy weather here in Canada, Jean! Vicious winds but at least my home has not lost power (yet, touch wood). Feel so sorry for Ukrainians facing winter without power and/or murder by a madman's fascist ambitions. Sure hope 2023 will bring some sanity! Enjoyed looking at your sumptuous lilies and imagining your balmy temperatures. A very Merry Christmas to yourself and to Hugh!

Susan Heather said...

I hope you and Hugh have a wonderful Christmas.

Carol R. said...

I'm in lower Michigan and we've been experiencing snow, wind and freezing temps - although I was surprised to see that portions of some southern states are having even colder temps. Last Christmas Eve, our temperature was 50F. Can't say that I don't wish it was that warm here this year. I guess all I can do is hope that this winter is a short one (and maybe I should look into going to a warmer climate in the late fall).
Happy Holidays!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

My family in Tennessee won't see temperatures above 32F (above freezing) until Tuesday. My husband and I are lucky and thankful for a beautiful 65F day here. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy those lovely days!

Marie Smith said...

Blessings of the season to you, Jean. Enjoy that lovely weather!

Barwitzki said...


I wish you a wonderful Christmas time.
hug from Viola

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

We were hoping for a bit of snow, but alas, none was forthcoming. But the temperature went down to 1ºF yesterday morning! The highs have been in the 20s, just not enough moisture to snow, dang it. Have a wonderful Christmas day, and a happy new year!

Lori Skoog said...

Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday! Your flowers are so beautiful, while we look like we are living in the arctic. xoxoxoxoxoxox

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas to you both. Its lovely and warm here in sunny Nelson while we are slowly traveling around the South Island.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely photos Jean - I hope you had a happy Christmas!!

Kathleen said...

I hope your Christmas was Merry and that your New Year is a happy one, full of blessings

Jenn Jilks said...

Merry Christmas, Jean!
I love your snow photo!
The flowers are the best, though. We in the snow have to remember spring is coming!
I wore one of the neck warmers you sent every time I had to go out and us the blower. They are wonderful. Thank you for those.

Sharon - IN said...

It's warming up here just a bit to melt the little snow we had over Christmas. Cold winter is still here for a few more months. I do love the snow! Lovely photo of you and Hugh. God Bless!

Tanya said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I envy your weather now but I'll have to remember to send you warm thoughts in July when you'll need all the warmth you can get.

Fundy Blue said...

I'm reading backwards and doing some catching up, Jean! Love the photo of you and Hugh in the snow. I was thankful on Christmas Day for snow on the ground and dry roads. We traveled to Terry's sister's one for Christmas dinner and a lovely day.

Jenn Jilks said...

I've been reading about your flooding and heavy rains. It must be awful. So sorry. /J