Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Saturday 30 May 2020

What have I been doing lately????

 The days seem to whizz by, and now we have some restrictions lifted, can venture out further. We had a day trip to Taupo, some 3 plus hours north, and while Hugh was at the hobby shop, I strolled across the street to the Bernina shop that had some new to me batiks.After all, a gal can always do with more.

Sandra over at  mmm quilts has given us another fantastic quilt along. this year it is called " Centred" and that is what we all need to focus on, wherever we live.
My flimsy is done, and when I started this, had a totally different colour selection. However the dark fabric ran out, so I decided on the current teals and blues.
This is not as Sandra had hers, the darker teal  strips dividing off the outer blocks was to be white, but I didn't have anything pale enough, so chose to go the other way.
This is the first lot I did, and maybe one day will add to them and have a second "Centred".
I do like blues and greens, but the pink is a good change.
Then, as you need to have another project on the go, I have this dinky pattern, called  " Online Company"
My little friends have to have their antennae added, and some eyes, but it is fun.
Then a while ago, I read about a legacy blog hop as a tribute to a wonderful lady, Paula Budinger. There were quilts made, donated, stories told, and a place for a comment. Then, my name was chosen to receive a quilt pattern of my choice from Joanne up at  Canuck Quilter Designs.After some hesitation, I picked " Eclipse Sky" and have some batiks laid out already. Thank you to all those who donated quilts, who donated to the giveaways, and who told their memory of Paula. 
Friday, a hiccup in my day, it started off as usual, coffee, emails, blog, then put a load  of laundry in the machine. Then it all went south in a hurry, chest pain, not able to breathe, blood pressure so high, , you know when the systolic is over 200, and the diastolic over 100, things are NOT good at all, so off in the ambulance to ED. The usual ECG, blood tests, nothing to eat or drink, second blood test, and a small dose of morphine as the pain persisted, then a jab in my tummy of ( new to me )   Clexane, to prevent a clot maybe. I think by then they were looking at a heart attack and maybe a transfer to Wellington, not saying much!!!However the BP came down, I felt slightly better, and was allowed to come home, still in PJ's and dressing gown ( Hugh had come over, brought his lunch but no clothes for me!!!) I had to go into the pharmacy in that attractive get-up, to explain the new meds, as the DR altered the dose after it was faxed.
All is good today, the sun is shining, I am going very slowly, BP is behaving, and coffee never tasted so good.
Quotation of the day, author unknown

" You don't miss the water until the well runs dry"

Greetings from Jean

27 comments:

Sharon - IN said...

Oh Jean, I'm so sorry to hear about your run to the ER. I hope you get good care and find an explanation to the pain. Your Centred is lovely in Batiks. You can't go wrong with them, and how fun to add more to your stash. Online Company is a hoot and super cute! Do take care!

Kate said...

John Lennon said "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

I think that sums up life at the moment.

You can't have too many batiks. Be gentle with yourself and enjoy your new fabric.

Susan Heather said...

Love your quilts and the Online Company. Not good about another trip in the "Yellow Taxi" (I assume it is yellow down there). Hope they can find out what caused the problem and fix it easily.

Take care

Out To Pasture said...

Holy smoke, Jean!!! I had no idea systolic pressure could get so high! Must have been the pain. Very sorry for this latest ordeal and hope you are now okay. Whew! Funny that during the stressful time, you still see the humour in being out in public in PJs and dressing gown. I'd be the same.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Jean

Oh my, that was a scare. I hope you are well, is it just the meds needed to be adjusted? I pray all is well.
Your Online Company project is cute, I like the antennae and eyes. The first pattern and block is pretty, I love the blues and teal colors. Take care! Have a great day and happy new week!

Jane said...

Oh dear! I hope you are on the mend and the new meds do the trick for you. Glad you could get out and buy more quilting fabric. Quilt on!

Hugs
Jane

Karen said...

Oh gosh Jean, how scary for you. I am glad you are feeling better, and hope you will be fully recovered soon. I like the little "online company" piece. Take care and get well soon.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness dear Jean ~ I am so glad you are doing better. I will keep you in my prayers. ~ Lovely quilting as always ~ Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I hope it's going to be just a memory, and nothing more.
Love your 2 quilts, so pretty.
Take care.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm so glad your blood pressure came down; that sounds like quite an unplanned and shocking way to spend the morning. Take good care!

Jenn Jilks said...

Oh, Jean. I am so sorry. Your post started out so well!

Truthfully, I have been having anxiety, with chest pains. These are such stressful times. Hubby is driving me nuts. He is fretting and obsessive. We're trying to book a COVID–19 test. It'll take time.

Deep breath, all of us! Many hugs... XXXOOO

Fundy Blue said...

Oh my goodness, Jean! I'm sorry to hear what you went through yesterday. I'm glad that you got to go home. Please continue to go as slowly as you need to and take care of yourself. I've seen people in pjs at Walmart a number of times, and they likely didn't have a good excuse. Your quilt is lovely, as always, and I think your "Online Company" is charming. It's great that you had a chance to go on a drive and buy some new batiks. Things are opening up here, but Terry and I are being careful. Terry is playing pickleball again, but basically we are remaining at home. Our masks finally arrived, so I didn't have to wear a dishtowel to the grocery store today. And, after almost three months of looking, I found hand sanitizer. Yay! Sending you lots of love!

Mystic Quilter said...

Goodness Jean, what a time you've had and so pleased to read that you're taking it easy. We both seem to be having problems at the moment on the cardiac side of life!
Lovely flimsy, the colours beautiful, I love the pop of orange in there.

KB said...

Oh my goodness - I am glad that you are okay. That sounds very scary. Take care, my friend.

I do love the addition of the pink :)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How scary!! Glad you are OK!!

Kathleen said...

I am so glad that you are home and better. I love your version of Sandra's quilt and so much fun that we are virtually sewing together! Online company is a fun little quilt!

Nancy J said...

I can't get to my comment moderation to publish them, back in hospital and an overnight stay this time.more tests I will see if Hugh can work out what to do at home as I just have my smartphone here.will keep you posted with any news.meantime many thanks for all your loving and caring thoughts.

Sandra Walker said...

Oh MY that is a scary episode Jean. Glad all is well, and I could just imagine you at the pharmacy in your pjs! How I love your second version of Centred!! Oh those teals with the pop of orange are divine, and YES for doing the dark where I did the light; it's fabulous! I think the first one will be really pretty too; I agree on the pink! So very glad you joined in again this year especially with all that has been going on, and in your personal life as well.

Carol Mattingly said...

Oh, Jean so glad to hear you are better. Lord how scary that must have been. You get some rest and take care of yourself. Love all your quilts. Carol

Susan Heather said...

Not good that you are back in hospital, I hope they find the problem.

Tanya said...

Oh dear... I was going to say with all that you had gotten done that you had a lot of energy but I guess not if you ended up in the hospital! Please take care! Going to the hospital, running around at pharmacies in PJ may not be good for the blood pressure either! Take it easy.

Uplay365 said...

Goodness Jean, what a time you've had and so pleased to read that you're taking it easy. We both seem to be having problems at the moment on the cardiac side of life!
Lovely flimsy, the colours beautiful, I love the pop of orange in there.

918KISS
SLOTXO

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry about your trip to the ER, I hope that you are feeling better now. I love that quilt top you made.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE your version of Sandra's Centered QAL!! Terrible occurrence with the heart attack. SEW glad that your trip to the ER and some new meds set you on the road to recovery!

Ioleen said...

Sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. Hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself. Love the colours you used in your quilt.

MichelleinScotland said...

Sorry to hear about the BP; how scary. Love your two versions of Centred. Take care.

Vasudha said...

Sending you lots of positive thoughts. Love your Centered. I hope you are back home soon and back to quilting.