Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Tuesday 1 March 2022

More flowers, here and further south

 Thanks so much, again, to you all, The reality of a diamond Wedding Anniversary has finally taken hold, amidst the strife, terror and more overseas, and here with our Covid cases rising so rapidly every day.I know how fortunate we are to be safe, still together, and have family, and friends here and abroad to be with us, in reality, or by virtual wishes. 

Celebrations held by Zoom, or FaceTime ,  seem to be the norm for now.

The  one photo I missed in the recent posts was our cake. Carrot and walnut, two layers with delicious filling,  pale grey lettering, all on a wonderful large cake board. That has been saved  in case another occasion happens.



Some was saved, and will be safely  frozen up to 3 months.

The garden flowers are blooming for Ukraine right now. 



Moxie's daisy continues to flower, covering his name completely





And nearby, the pink begonia keeps the daisy company.




A long way further south , from our daughter's garden , is this beautiful arrangement.
Gladioli, dahlias, Delphinium, Cosmos, Lilies and some bottlebrush leaves. 
This would grace any table at any event so beautifully, and as the date nears for their wedding anniversary, I hope some are still blooming after the rain that is forecast.




On the wall is a pencil drawing of the local area, Waitahuna, by a very talented local artist Kaye French.

Quotation of the day,  from Ralph Waldo Emerson,

" Flowers are a proud assertion
 that a ray of beauty out-values all the utilities in the world"

Greetings from Jean


18 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Sorry to read that covid is on the upswing in your country. Starting tomorrow, masks will not be required for school children in our state, Things have loosened up a lot. We shall see what happen next. Your cake looks beautiful and I love the combination. Had to taste great!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Hopefully the Covid cases there start to go down, it is better here now.
Your flowers are gorgeous. I love the sunflowers. The last arrangement is lovely. Take care, enjoy your day!

Jenn Jilks said...

These are crazy times. That said, well done for 60. I keep missing your posts, as my news feed is in reverse order.
I'm just trying to keep JB hanging in. He's been a mess.

Marie Smith said...

We have more Covid cases now than at any time in the last two years. However, Ukraine takes the headlines. Take care!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations on your milestone wedding anniversary! The flowers blooming in your garden for Ukraine are stunning. Sending you love.

Carol Mattingly Photography said...

Oh so many gorgeous flowers. I love them all. I am so glad you guys have gotten the recognition you deserve. Lordie 60 years. Amazing to me. Carol

Out To Pasture said...

Carrot and walnut cake -- my favourite! That all white bouquet is absolutely stunning, Jean. Heartsick here over the devastation in brave Ukraine by Russia's thug/madman leader.

Inger said...

I;m so sorry to have been off the blogs and missed your anniversary. You are so blessed to have lived long lives together and I'm so happy for you both.

Fundy Blue said...

Diamond Anniversary, Jean and Hugh! What a happy event. Wishing you many more occasions to use that cake board. All the flowers are lovely. Hugs to you both!

Julie Fukuda said...

Carrot cake with walnuts thrown in ... that would be my choice too. And, what lovely flowers! You are truly loved.

Tanya said...

Beautiful, elegant cake!

Our photos said...

Wow, love these flowers and the blue sky !

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I so hope that covid for your area will soon die down. Our thoughts and prayers are also with Ukraine. Such a lovely cake and all of your flowers are so vibrant and pretty!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh my, 60 years...just where do they go is what I am wondering. That is a wonderful milestone for you and Hugh. Congratulations and I too love that cake. Thanks for sharing your lovely flowers...beautiful to my eyes as the snow drifts outside my window. However, rain lately flattened the piles and more is forecast this week. THe season is turning.

KB said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Sharon - IN said...

60 Years! Congratulations! All the flowers are beautiful!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congratulations on 60 years!! I love all the flowers! Mine are just started to poke up, daffodils are blooming. It is early Spring here. :-)

Nancy J said...

Thank you all so much, comments from all over, older friends and newer ones, you make my heart sing.