Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 12 September 2012

9/11 , We Remember

 
No photos, not many words.
We in New Zealand remember this day, all who died, those who lived, those who have lost, those who helped and assisted in so many ways.Last week I was sent an email with the story of planes that were diverted to other airports, and how small towns opened up their hearts, and homes  to look after the passengers for a few days until air traffic was allowed to resume.There must have been so many of these examples of the wonderful spirit of people all over. They helped in so many ways.
“ We do not remember days, we remember moments.
The richness of life lies in the memories we have forgotten”
From Cesare Pavese.
Greetings from Jean

3 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

We have to remember and always will....

Dachshund Nola said...

Lovely tribute.
I have a Nikon d3100, 18-55mm lens. I'm VERY happy with it! I got it in Dec. and now how to (mostly) use it

Nancy J said...

Thanks Nola, I have added you to my blog list, and all your photos were great,I do like your camera too. Cheers, Jean.