Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Saturday 22 September 2012

Laptop Update

Breaking News!! The hard drive has a broken "something" inside. It might be fixable, and Toshiba are not sure if the Norton problem caused it, made it worse or it just happened. I had done a backup 2 days before all this, thankfully.So I am using Hugh's laptop, Thanks Hugh!!! And Norman Ross will look at the offending HDD on  Monday, and just maybe, just maybe, can lend me one for the ONE to TWO weeks if mine can be repaired. So  on this PC, none of my  photos, none of my email addresses, as mine are numerous, Hugh's are a lot less, and I do  not have mine installed here.If I have been sending anyone an email, will they please send me one, usual address is OK,  so I can reinstall their address. Many thanks.
Quotation of the day,from an unknown author
"  You  will miss the water  when the well runs dry!!"
Greetings from Jean

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

That reminds me of a story. My mom got a new washing machine to replace her old one, you know the kind with the wringer on top that ripped the buttons off the shirts? Well, that washer was still going 29 years later when I went from hand washing in the kitchen sink to my first electric washing machine. A year later the lid broke and since the machine would not work without a lid to close it, I called the repair guy. Lid can't be replaced, you need to buy a whole new machine. WHAT??Granted I was washing several loads a day but one year... I call that planned obsolescence!

Lindsjö taxar said...

Hope you will be back on track soon...