Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Monday 4 February 2013

Sunset colours and the Silver Coach

 

On Sunday night the  clouds  had glorious silvery tones, and over 5 minutes changed so much . Gradually it faded from the silver , which was shadowed by grey,  to grey-on-blue. I  was so lucky to be there at that moment. These are taken from our front lawn area, at 8.30 p.m. and for several minutes  more.

 

Sunset 1 

Sunset 2 

Sunset 3

Four hours later, at 12.30 a.m. the silver coach arrived for me. Fever, severe headache, nausea and what goes with that, shiver and freeze, then boil over with heat. Suddenly it started,no warning signals at all, glad I was not at a railway crossing!!!

Lance, the wonderful man, loaded me with some medication, and off we went. Believe me, you cannot see much scenery at 1 a.m. Maybe a street light as we arrived at hospital. More medication, lovely nurses, blood taken, 2 a.m.  one doctor arrived, the morning dragged its slow way towards 7 a.m. Another doctor arrived,  his verdict.” you will not be going home for some time.”

More medication, and finally about 11.30 started to feel a little better. Maybe a virus, maybe 24  hour flu.Regardless of how insignificant I thought this was, I was treated with so much care and thoughtfulness. A bed that sat you up, laid you down, at the touch of a button, an IV line that beeped in time to some unknown tune, trolleys, beds,  linen carts all rumbled past my door.At 7 a.m. MUSIC to my ears, the rain was falling. Everyone was so happy, may it continue tomorrow.

I am home, thankful for the care, the transport, Hugh arriving with his silver Primera wagon, and the cats to greet me at the door.

Good things in life are to be treasured

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ Life is like a rainbow, you need both the sun and the rain

to make its colours show”

Greetings from Jean

13 comments:

Barb said...

Jean! Did they say flu? I'm so glad it passed quickly. Take Care of yourself - you need to enjoy many more sunsets.

Nancy J said...

Hi Barb, yes the last doctor I saw suggested maybe "flu" but I had been spreading dry mulch from Tasmanian Blackwood trees, so might have a talk to our GP tomorrow, in case something was missed.but if in doubt " Call it a virus".I will take care, I hope your allergy/itch has healed now. Greetings from Jean

Janet said...

Oh my - a little visit to the hospital to set things right! My s-i-l was just in hospital for a week after getting a headache, fainting and hitting her head. Scary!

Nancy J said...

Well, I was so lucky to come home today, the Dr was lovely, caring, and I thought him the
" Bees Knees" when he said I looked so much better, at 11.a.m. than I did at 7 a.m. Mirrors should be banned!!!Hope your s-in-l is all better now. and they have sorted out what was wrong. Scary, that is so right. Greetings from Jean

Susan Heather said...

So glad you are feeling better but do take it easy for a while.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Oh no, another trip in the wee truck with flashing lights!!!! Please don't go making a habit of this!!

Hope you are feeling loads better

Hugs

Linda

Carol Mattingly said...

I hope you are feeling much better today. Asthma attack and ER visit recently. I can relate. Take care with your chores as you never know what can bring on problems.

Nancy J said...

Thanks Susan.Linda and Carol, I think the family opinions need to be heeded " Mum, you need to take it easier, do less, rest more".Carol, asthma and ED visit sounds very scary,that is so frightening. Funnily enough, none of our neighbours saw the lights, just as well the siren wasn't needed.However with much needed rain for 2 days, outside work will be on hold. Yippee!! Time to do 2 more spiral strips. Greetings from Jean.

Brian King said...

Beautiful sky! Gorgeous blue and the cloud formations are very nice!

Nancy J said...

Thanks Brian, such high praise from you gives me that wonderful " Maybe I did it!!" feeling. We have grey sky, plentiful, glorious, rain, and no clouds to be worthy of any photo, all monochromatic grey everywhere. Cheers from Jean

Nicky said...

Oh no, this is all too scary, I hope you have made a speedy recovery and are feeling better now. Take care, Nicky xx

Gayle said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your recent trip to the hospital. (My Interent is just so frustrating I don't do much on the computer lately). I tend to agree with you that "viral" is the word given to all things unknown. I hope you feel better soon.

Nancy J said...

Yes, I thought the unknown, or unable to be diagnosed, was given a name " Viral" but after this episode, might have to eat my words. Cheers, Jean