Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Do you play a good hand of cards??

 

This morning there was again glorious colour at sunrise. No-one else  nearby to see me wander out in dressing gown and gumboots, so quiet and peaceful, soon at 5.30 a.m.

sunrise  Dec 17th, 5.45 a.m.sunrise  Dec 17th. 5.50 a.m.

sunrise , almost 6 a.m. and a sliver of moon #2

The sky, those colours, and the quietness gave me some sense of peace, after 2 troubling days. Hugh is  again, or continuing to have severe pain from  his spinal problems.Monday was a  blur, Tuesday off to hospital by ambulance. This time, I guess I looked tired, exhausted, I was both, well and truly…. and played the card of despair!!No need to embellish,  or tell  a lie, or even turn on the tears… just told them how it is, and it is getting too hard, for both of us.   Before they could see me deal out another hand, it was all arranged. Second opinion here, another one through our GP at a different hospital. Fresh eyes, different ideas, maybe we will get  some very straight answers. The doctors we saw made the decision quickly, all was done quite some time  before we left,   and the nursing staff were  very caring, and  thoughtful … I cannot tolerate a Doctor who will not tell the truth, and  dodges the answers so carefully.

The wisp of colour floating by

Christmas will be here next week, I am not ready for guests, presents are not ready, baking has not been done,  but after The Sydney Siege and the Pakistan slaughter, our troubles are so small .I cannot understand any of this, and wonder what the world has done to deserve  these atrocities.

Quotation of the day, by Jean de La Fontaine

Sadness flies away on the wings of time.

Greetings from Jean

15 comments:

Out To Pasture said...

So sorry that Hugh is suffering from spinal problems. At least the hospital can provide pain relief while they consider the best way forward. My sympathy and hopes for better days ahead go out to you both.

TexWisGirl said...

i am so sorry for the pain and stress of this on both of you. i do hope medical personnel can determine a course of action that will HELP! you've been through this so many times.

Jenn Jilks said...

Jean, my dear. I feel so much for you so far away.
My hubby's back is out, which is even more minor to your issues.
I do understand, however, fretting over your spouse.
I've been doing all the chores he usually does and it does change the dynamics.
Then you have to fit in all the extra things, like trips, meds and treatment plans. We're up to 29 appointments, the next one Dec. 29th.
Christmas can be different as you concentrate on hubby and yourself. Take care. Email anytime, of course.
Did you get a diagnosis? Ours si simply a waiting game.
XO

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Jean ~ My heart and prayers go out for you and Hugh. You have been having it rough this past year or so. I do hope he gets some relief soon. Do take care of yourself as best you can.

Lovely sky photos.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Linda said...

Jean, I will be praying for you and Hugh. Your photos are lovely.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Life is hard--take one day at a time and one situation at a time and sometimes just sit silent and quietly breathe

KB said...

I fervently hope that the hospital is now putting Hugh at the front of the line to get some kind of effective treatment for his spine. Having had umpteen surgeries for my spine, I understand the pain, and it's horrible. I also understand the level of stress that my husband experiences when I have terrible spine pain, so I have some idea of how hard it is for you to cope with this. Please know that we are thinking of you and hoping that some help is found soon. Take care of yourself so that you can take care of Hugh. Hugs, KB.

Carol Mattingly said...

I was so hoping Hugh would be ok for a while at least but sadly I guess not. I'm so sorry. Hopefully the new doctor will help. I saw an hour or two of sun today for the first time in 4 weeks. It was inspiring. Thank you for your kind words about my new venture. You are so supportive. If I ever do online lessons I promise to let you know. That is a good thought. Take care, Carol

eileeninmd said...

I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers.. You both deserves better and less pain of course.. I hope the doctor can help this time.. Take care!

Georgia said...

Love and prayers along with a long distance hug, dear Jean.

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope you get some clearer answers soon! And take care of yourself; being a caregiver is the hardest job!

Nancy J said...

Thank you all from my heart, that is filled with your words. Yes, Hugh did have an original diagnosis of 3 "bulging discs", L3/L4, L4/L5, and L5/S1, but that varied to be 4, the other day it was " A slipped disc" so I am hoping the next 2 ortho surgeons we see will give a direct answer. I am so thankful for small things right now, close friends who will come immediately if I phone, Ambulance arriving quickly, and you all who care and send those messages full of love and care, and family who will drive down or fly up from the South if I need more support here.thank you again, my words seem so little in reply. Hugs, Jean.

Our photos said...

That is nice ! I cannot wait for summer to arrive !

Inger said...

I'm so sorry to read about your husband's pain and I hope that you will get better results with these new doctors. I will keep you both in my thoughts and hope some clear answers will come your way soon.

Jim said...

Hi Jean. So sorry to hear Hugh is having a rough time of it. Second opinions are important. I hope you both get the results you are looking for.

Your photos are so peaceful looking. I can feel the silence you experienced.
Please do take care of yourself and all the best to Hugh.