Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 5 February 2014

A Little Bit Of Whimsical Nothing

 

Pink Elephant

The Frog Gets a Loan

One day a frog went into a bank.The teller’s name was Miss Patty Whack. “ I want a loan” said the frog. Miss Whack replied, “ Well, we need proof of your identity and you will need to show us some collateral. Who are you and what do you have to show ?”

“Well, my name  is Hermit Jagger, and I have this” he replied, proudly pulling a pink china elephant out of his briefcase.

“ I will have to talk to the manager to authorise any loan for you”

Patty Whack went into the manager’s office. “ I have this frog, he wants a loan,  says  his name is Hermit Jagger, and this is what he has for security.  What is this and what do I do now”

The manager looked at Miss Whack, and said, very seriously.

“ It’s a nick knack, Patty Whack, give the frog a loan,

His old man’s a Rolling Stone”

Quotation of the day from Horace

Remember when life's path is steep

to keep your mind even.


Greetings from Jean

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

bwahaha

Georgia said...

Do you know the one about the Sesame Street bus?

Carol Mattingly said...

Love this and I'd never heard of it before. Too funny.

Linda said...

Hilarious, Jean!

Karen said...

Made me chuckle!

eileeninmd said...

I remember this quote or story. Cute! Love the quote. Have a happy day!

Jim said...

And thanks Jean for 'evening out my mind' today!
Loved this!