Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Autumn, will you arrive on time?

 

THREE days to go, and we are officially into Autumn .The last week or so, we have had gorgeously hot days,cooler nights, morning dews, and some rain that helped the dry lawns and kept vegetable gardens happy. Late yesterday afternoon, I took off the bird netting protecting the red fruits, and picked a large bowl full. Strawberries, luscious, delicious, so yummy,  and to think this might be the last taste this season. This is about half of the picking.

Strawberries in February

Hugh and I had an outing today, nothing remarkable for most people, but for us, quite special, He drove,  I shopped, we came home. SEVEN words that say so much, off to 2 appointments tomorrow, I am hoping for some kind, helpful and much asked for words from the ortho surgeon. Who knows, if I go with a bright smile, fancy clothes, hair and make-up all done, and wear shoes with a taller heel ( to make myself look more presentable), he might even be all of the above. ( that is, kind,helpful and with words we want to hear) .

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“Summer’s story is finished, but Autumn will have

many words that can be woven into  chapters”

Greetings from Jean

19 comments:

Linda said...

Jean, the photos of the strawberries is beautiful. I pray that your appointments tomorrow will go well. I am so glad you had a nice outing today with Hugh. Sending you warm hugs from a cold Montreal. :)

Barb said...

Your berries are making my mouth water. Persevere, Jean - I hope you get some answers from the DR. I LOVE that Header!

Susan Heather said...

I do hope the surgeon has some kind and helpful words for you and Hugh.

It already seems like autumn here. We have had some much needed rain but the days are pleasant with cooler nights.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Best wishes for tomorrow. I'll be holding you in my thoughts.

Linda said...

Hi dear Jean,

Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend. In response to your question, yes, I do speak French. I am fluent in French, so I can write it, speak it and read it. Not sure if you have noticed but several of my blog followers are French speaking and they do comment on my posts in French and I understand them well. Sending you a hug. :)

Julie Fukuda said...

I remember back to when strawberries grew in fields in the spring. They were small and ever so tasty but it took a long time to fill a basket. Now they grow in gardens and produce fruit all year long. A single berry is bigger than six or so of the wild kind.
Pray the appointment goes well.

Leeanne said...

best wishes for tomorrow, may things be bright and cheerful like your strawberries!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a delicious harvest of strawberries, fresh from your own patch.

You and Hugh are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs for you both ~ FlowerLady

Out To Pasture said...

Jean, if best wishes came true, mine alone would bring good news from Hugh's doctor. And thankyou for posting the strawberries photo. Luscious!
Florence

The Furry Gnome said...

I still can't get over the reversed seasons. Maybe since we're going to have cold winter a long time yet, you'll have warm summer a long time yet! And hope you hear good things from the surgeon tomorrow.

TexWisGirl said...

the strawberries look great! good luck with the appt today!

bj said...

Hope the appts go well...and now, I want strawberries.....

Jim said...

YUMMY! Fresh and tasty! In just over a month's time it will be 'spring' officially here in Nova Scotia.
I never like to 'put all my eggs in one basket' when it comes to the seasons....I hate to be disappointed!!
We SO know what those SEVEN words are saying, Jean. Sometimes the smallest of things can be the biggest.
Sending all the positive energy we can muster here, so that the Doctor has good news to report.
All the best.

Gayle said...

Mmmm... the berries look so wonderful! I hope today brought kind and helpful words.

Carol Mattingly said...

Love fresh strawberries. Have a bowl for me Jean. Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get the help you are looking for. I will pray. Carol

Kate said...

Those strawberries look wonderful. I hope you enjoyed them.

Allie said...

Well now I'm hungry, seeing those beautiful strawberries!!!! How lovely that you had an outing today. Go with all the above, but also carry a big stick in case he tries to use other words.....

KB said...

Those strawberries look luscious! I've always thought about growing them. Apparently, they can grow at our elevation.

I am glad that you had such a great outing, and I am hoping that the ortho surgeon was very very helpful.

Jenn Jilks said...

We love you!