Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 2 October 2015

Either Nothing at all or Way Too Much

 

Today the wonderful man ( The Tree Feller )  came, and before I was there with my camera,  7 trees were felled!! I can see a lot of work, and heaps of firewood for next  winter . In this photo, the branches of the weeping silver pear are showing signs of spring, blossom will soon be out in full force.

Pine tree waiting

Almost on the ground, I used the fast frame mode.

pine tree down

The Wiggle Me  quilt is waiting until I get the huge table out, so I can  measure and pin the final border  on, then pin and baste for the quilting. Meantime I am chugging along with the Midnight Mystery Quilt.Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs   posts the next blocks directions  on the 1st of the month, and we have 4 weeks to complete the blocks. This month are we are making 9 courthouse steps, finishing at  19 inches square. Here are my fabrics. They will go with the flying geese and the square in a square.I found some more dark green in another fabric pattern, that will go well with the others I used.

Midnight Mystery #5

In addition to this, Sandy,at  UpstairsHobbyRoom                                                                   who designed  the Wiggle Me Quilt, has a “ One Block Wonder” starting in ONE hour, one set of blocks a month. My kind of quilting. The hour has passed,  I have seen her pattern, the layout, and the fabulous fabric choices,Wow, another stunner. Thanks so much Sandy, you are so generous and we all  truly appreciate the posts from you .

Then   Allie at     allie-oopssweethappylife   is starting “ Scrappy Harvest at the Cabin”, and asked if anyone would like to scrap along with her? Yes, of course I would, with lots of 2.5 inch strips left from the last challenge. Did I say lots  of strips????? Higgledy-piggledy, but there are lots, really!!!

strips for Allie's scrap log cabin sew along

So with one  quilt to finish, one started, and the other in the fabric gathering stage, when will I get  out there to help the men  deal with next year’s winter warmth? Maybe muffins and coffee might be more suitable for my input.

Quotation of the day, from Brian Tracey

“When you feel overwhelmed with too much to do and too little time,

remind yourself that all you can do is all you can do”

Greetings from Jean

16 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Goodness! Three projects all at once! You go girl!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great post Jean!

Love your fabric choices for next quilt project and it will be interesting to see what you do with all of those strips too.

Loved the quote at the end. Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

I need to remind myself of your quote! Your scraps look inviting, phyllis

TexWisGirl said...

i like your idea of contributing to the wood pile. :)

camp and cottage living said...

Getting the wood ready for next year already?
It's a good feeling to have it all in.
You are sure going to town with your quilting, Jean.
Can't wait to see them when you're finished with them.

Carol Mattingly said...

Definitely muffins and coffee. Those are some really tall trees out there Jean. Carol

Mystic Quilter said...

You are brave beginning three new projects - so I agree with your idea of the muffins and coffee!

Linda said...

Wow, Jean, so much going on! :)

Fundy Blue said...

I'm in awe of all that you're undertaking, Jean! I see it as a good sign that all is well! You can actually make a quilt out of one inch squares to use up scraps. Not that I ever would, but I've seen them! It's nice to be able to burn your own firewood. There's nothing like a wood fire! Loved that quote, although sometimes it's hard to live by! Happy weekend!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Love the quote, and the quilts are really going to be lovely works of art -- And speaking of work, I admire anyone that can climb anything and not get dizzy! Those "tree guys" do make it look so easy, con't they? :-)

KB said...

Those are some big trees that came down!!!! I love your quilt - it is going to be so pretty!

Julie Fukuda said...

Good for you. Those who never begin something, dont get any pleasure out of what they finish.

Kate said...

It is lovely to see you taking time for yourself. Enjoy your sewing time.

Jenn Jilks said...

This must give you such pleasure, Jean! The quilting, I mean. Well, seeing next year's wood ready to go my warm the heart, too!
I broke down this morning, as hubby is always cold, anyway. It was 2 C. outside and 16 C. inside. I put on the furnace! xx

Hannah said...

You will be busy, Jean, with so many challenging quilting projects coming up. Your quilting looks fabulous when it is finished! I am still out there every day doing garden clean-up, weeding, mulching, etc. It seems never-ending, so I have to remind myself of the ant and the rubbertree plant song, along the lines of your quote, I just do a little at a time and it adds up.

Allie-oops Designs said...

That is a lot of trees and a lot of chopping!!! But you'll be warm next winter. I love your fabrics for all your projects. I just got my design wall out of storage, had to re-arrange my whole sewing room to make it fit, but I think I'm going to need it for the Scrappy Harvest - your strips look great Jean, I'm going to love watching it come together!!!