Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 30 October 2015

One Block Wonder bag, daylight was fading fast!!

 

The machine stitched, the camera was out .The last hand stitching was done, and I searched for the best place to place the bag.

Would it be by the door? On a chair? By the shrubs? or in the garden next to the first red poppy of the  season?

These are photos of the same bag, but daylight was fading fast.

 

One Block Wonder BagOne Block Wonder Bag #2

This has been such fun to do, matching points a  struggle at times, thank goodness for that 1/4 inch foot, and needle down stop position.

Sandy, again, thank you so much for this challenge, I can see we will all be having lots of fun next month , and the next, and more.

Not a quilt , not even a table runner, but the first of two bags, one for Mrs… one for Mr… his lining will be deep blue, to keep in the theme of “Blue for Boys”.

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“It’s not the finish line that matters, it is having the courage to start”

Greetings from Jean

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jean, your bag is lovely. And I like the quote, it is so true! Have a happy weekend!

Rosa said...

I agree with your post.Match points is sometimes struggle but we got it.Your bag is super cute.

Sharon - IN said...

What a fun start your bag is for the One Block Wonder BOM! Pretty bags! I'm so glad I stumbled across Sandy's BOM.

Inger said...

That is a beautiful bag. You would love this town, we have a quilting guild, a knitting group, I'm sure sewing groups too, and of course, in the canyon we have our crochet group that I now belong to. So much fun.

TexWisGirl said...

really nice!

camp and cottage living said...

Really nice, Jean. The pattern reminds me of flying geese, don't ask me why! If you can find the time, I am sponsoring a Christmas Mug Rug exchange. Let me know if you can participate.
Blessings-Kimberly

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It's really lovely! I love the pattern, and admire your talent!

Carol Mattingly said...

I love it Jean no matter what color the boys will have. Carol

Allie-oops Designs said...

GORGEOUS, hon!!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice looking bag!

Julie Fukuda said...

It looks not only lovely but of a very useful size.

Georgia said...

For matching points and seams I drag out the long, very fine glass head pins from Clover and sometimes piece using the walking foot. Another learning curve for this old dog :)

Fundy Blue said...

Your bag is beautifully fun, Jean. I'm enjoying all your quilting photos and information. Maybe down the road, I'll have time to indulge in this artwork. Right now ~ not enough time! That was one hell of a climbing clematis! Here, perhaps because it is so arid, they don't grow like that! I was glad to read of the update on how Hugh is doing after his surgery. I'm sure it is a gigantic relief to have the surgery behind him, strange feelings not withstanding. Loved you blossom-loaded trees and the quote about new endings! Enjoy the rest of your welcome spring weekend. Hugs!

KB said...

That is so beautiful, and I am in awe of your talent!!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

It's beautiful, Jean! What an excellent project. I should invent one soon.

Ioleen said...

I just love, love this bag. The colours look quite different in the two photos.. Sunlight and shade. Great picture.