Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 3 August 2022

Something New

 The  last week was a short holiday, just 3 days, all meals provided and excellent care every hour of the day and night,

Thursday I had angina again, after months of no episodes, then Friday, at the supermarket ( One cheery Doctor suggested it might be the price of food that brought it on)!!! So had to resort to the sublingual spray right there, find a chair, leave Hugh to struggle with the 2 trolleys full  !!!  Home, and further pain,  and rapid heart beat.Off in the green and yellow courtesy car, with two lovely ambulance officers taking great care of me.

Two nights in ED, it was so crowded, all staff run off their feet,  and seen by various staff, doctors, blood taken, and the X-Ray machine brought into the cubicle. New tablets, and home on Sunday. The care I was given, as was the same to  all the others, was outstanding. My thanks in huge amounts to all in the ED at Whanganui Hospital.

The quilting has taken a back seat lately, and I thought a new project ( not that I don't have so many to finish) might tempt some enthusiasm.I have a little booklet a friend made years ago, and with a stationery voucher, managed to find some card, paper, and today some linen thread.

The inside papers, that will be sorted into sections of   12 pages with assorted colours , all A5 size, so one A4 sheet will do  2 double pages. I have a super duper guillotine to cut them accurately.

Then the outer cover papers, slightly heavier weight.
Then the binding, I struggled to find the same method on Google, but finally found it at veterokforbooks, a lovely lady in Finland, and a handy tutorial and diagram for threading the sections.


Here you can see the different coloured pages, and the darker grey covers.

So wish me luck, I hope this  ends up like the elephant motto.


Quotation of the day,  slightly edited  for publication. 

from the same friend who sent me the above words,

" Be careful whose toes you tread on today, 

they might belong to your boss tomorrow"

Greetings from Jean

21 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Jean, I am so sorry to hear that. You have been good for a while now. Hope the new tablets do the trick. I think all E.D.'s are short staffed and overfill at present.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jean,
I am so glad you are given such good care. I hope the new tablets work for you. It is nice to be home. Good luck with your new project. Take care, have a great day!

Marie Smith said...

Glad you received excellent treatment and new meds. Take care!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So sorry you had another episode, feel better soon! Fun project, when one cannot sew, then playing with paper is the next best thing.

Kate said...

I am waiting to see the end result of your current project. It looks fab!

DUTA said...

Something has triggered the angina. Perhaps the eye drops.

Carol Mattingly Photography said...

So glad you are ok Jean. I hope and pray I never have angina. It would scare me to death. Glad to see your are soldiering on. Take care. Carol

Jenny said...

So sorry to read that you had another angina episode and a trip to hospital. So scary for you all but hopefully things will settle down now. It's not only the price of food which is going sky high, but petrol/diesel too! Take care.

Inger said...

I'm glad you are better and got such excellent care. I want to let you know that I passed along the lovely bag you made for me to my great niece. I don't have much opportunity to use it, but she will. I hope you don't mind. My greatniece was thrilled and really loves it. Particularly that she can put her ipad or whatever kind of device she has in it. When you get our age, I think it's a good thing to pass things along.

Lori Skoog said...

That was one heck of a 3 day vacation! Looking forward to seeing the results of your new project, so you better stay well! All the best!

Out To Pasture said...

Sorry to know you had another angina attack, Jean. Sure hope the new medication allows calm waters ahead. Fascinated with your binding project. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Jane said...

So sorry you had another episode of angina, Jean. hope the doctors get to the root of it soon.

Hugs
Jane

Mystic Quilter said...

Jean I have only just picked this post up, haven't been reading for a few days. So sorry to read about your stay - you didn't mention this when you called me - naughty!! I will call you.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I just found your beautiful blog on "Eggs in my Pocket." Sorry to hear about your health issues, hope all is well with you now. I'm glad you got such good care.

Sandra said...

Hi! I've read a few posts and must say your grandson is not only intelligent, he's handsome, too! I know absolutely nothing about quilting. It sounds complicated to me. You have a good healthcare system.

Sharon - IN said...

Jean, I'm so glad you got the good care for the angina. May those new meds work and no more episodes. Your book making looks great!

The Padre said...

Been Thinking About You - Sending Positive Vibes

Cheers

Dee said...

Dear Jean, I've been gone--once again!!!!--from visiting blogs for many months so this posting was a surprise. I'm so sorry that this angina condition persists, but your attitude toward it is inspiring.

As to your creativity: as a friend used to say to me, when talking about artists she knew and their paintings or sculptures or collages of mobiles or quilts, "Her creativity blows my mind!" And that's what you do to mine! Peace.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I've been thinking about you. I hope you are doing well and the new meds work.

Tanya said...

Oh dear! Again? It seemed your angina was getting better... Please make a speedy comeback.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So very sorry you are not feeling well. Hugs and prayers to you! I love your booklet!