Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Sunday 24 April 2022

How Did This Happen????

 We have all been so careful,  wearing masks, hand washing, avoiding crowded places. Scanning in, checking our phones to see if a Covid alert has been entered. 

This morning at 4 a.m. I woke, and thought " Oh No ", dragged myself to the bathroom and found the box of Covid Rapid Tests. I didn't need to wait long before the first red line, then the second, showed.

I am a Positive Covid Case, so I went online to My Health Account and followed all the details. We all need to isolate until 1st May,  7 days from yesterday when I had one symptom, but didn't link the tiredness to Covid,  and no visitors, or doing anything energetic. I am so thankful our friends visited before this . The website told me to consider myself infectious from 21st April.

As soon as I had entered my result, was given  instructions, and had to enter more information.I can now understand how some people struggled with this side of Covid.

I am so thankful for a wonderful friend who collected the grocery list and shopped for some essentials.

So I might not be doing anything much at all, other than resting.Any quilting will have to wait, Henry, consider yourself lucky to be strutting earlier!!!

Quotation of the day , original words...

"When you wish to be a hermit, beware,  it might happen all by itself".

Greetings from Jean

11 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Oh no. Sounds just like us. Just rest, rest and more rest. We are still not doing a lot.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Sorry to hear about the positive Covid test. I hope you recover quickly.
Take care, I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

This will be our normal state, covid will always be with us, like the flu. My husband had it too, and we were just as careful as you. But, still, it is a virus and will get around. Thankfully, because we were vaccinated, his case was very mild, essentially three days of a bad cold, then he was well again. I didn't get it from him, which I considered a miracle. I hope you feel better very soon, and you don't have any lasting effects.

Marie Smith said...

Oh my…I hope you come through this infection without serious ill effect! Take care.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you tested positive. I hope it is a very mild case. Please rest up and take care of yourself for us!

Kate said...

Oh, dear. Hope you feel better soon. Rest, and take care of yourself.

Sandra Walker said...

So sorry to hear this Jean as I know how careful you’ve been. I do hope it is a mild case and that you have no lasting effects.

Nancy J said...

UPDATE !!!! Hugh tested positive on Monday morning, so he has to isolate until 3rd May. Neither of us feeling too flash right now, rest, more rest , and do that all day long is the only way to get through the week ahead.

Carol Mattingly Photography said...

Oh, Jean, please take care of yourself. I had covid the original strain and I'm glad if someone has to catch it, they get this strain as its not as hard on folks. But we upper aged folks its hard on regardless. Take care. Carol

Kathleen said...

So sorry to hear this. Covid is relentless….not giving us. a lot of breaks. Praying for a quick recovery.

Tanya said...

Oh dear. The news we are surprised to hear after all the care taken. While in the States, it seemed like that attitude was "we're all going to get it sometime so just accept it and be ready." I suppose being ready means having good friends who will help out in a pinch. Take care of yourself!