Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 14 April 2022

Nothing Much Happening down here

 Hello all blog friends near and far,

Nothing exciting has been happening, I had what I thought were Covid symptoms, almost EVERY one, stayed home for ages, did the RAT tests, and each one was negative.

Finally after much phoning and getting frustrated, Hugh drove me to the next town, the drive-in clinic out at the racecourse  no hesitation to give me the PCR test, results back next day and it was negative.

However my Doctor tells me all that does is to verify I was not infectious at that time.

So today I go and have my Cataract pre -surgery anaesthetic appointment, check weight?? ( OK)  Height??  ( shrinking!!) and blood pressure  ( Okay too) and all medications, ( all blood pressure meds have been discontinued, Hooray )  and then say " You are fit and well " and hopefully the surgery will be within 3 weeks.

I saw on a website a few weeks ago someone was asking for  pattern testers. Well, I haven't ventured into this before so thought " Let's give it a go" .It was different to anything I have done before, a group of 5 of us from all over the world quickly became friends and offered suggestions, help, and lots more. It is still a secret until Friday Northern time!!!

Meantime our Daylight Saving has ended, the mornings are already so dark, and a lot cooler, so the firewood box is full and kindling ready.

Quotation of the day from Khalil Gibran

 " If you reveal your secrets to the wind,

 you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees"

Greetings from Jean

14 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Good luck for speedy surgery.

Kate said...

Hope you get your surgery, soon.

Kate

Carol Mattingly Photography said...

So glad to hear your surgery is upcoming and you are doing ok for now. There are so many symptoms of covid that mirror colds, flu, etc. Easter!!! Carol

Jane said...

Hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery!

Hugs
Jane

KB said...

Yay for the surgery! I am so glad that it's getting closer. I'm also glad that you didn't have Covid. Here's to finally having that eye surgery.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oooh, sounds like you had fun as a pattern tester. I look forward to seeing what you made. And I hope the cataract surgery goes well this time. Fingers crossed!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Jean

I am glad your test came back negative and all went well with your pre surgery checkup. I hope all goes well and I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

Gibran was brilliant really! Cataract surgery made a huge difference to my life and it was so easy. Good luck!

Jenn Jilks said...

Good luck with all this, Jean. I know you'll be fine. You'll feel so much better. I was so miserable with my cataracts!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Inger said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm glad you are getting your surgery soon, waiting for surgery to take place is no fun. I had the cataract surgery and for me it was very easy.

Julie Fukuda said...

Hmmm... the tester seems like a teaser to me. Here's praying all goes well with your surgery. Waiting for all to be revealed.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Dee said...

Dear Jean, good to learn that your health is good. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

Thanks for the quote. I think I need to go back and reread "The Prophet." It's been decades since I first read it in college. Take care. Peace.

Our photos said...

I am glad to read it was no Covid. Best of luck with your surgery en hopeful a speedy recovery !