Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 5 July 2012

4th July in USA

USAThis day is one for celebrations in USA. Some of the people will no doubt be thinking of other things, with no power, heat waves,  the aftermath of the dechero and the wild fires that have left so many homeless, in evacuation centres,and not knowing what they will see when they are finally allowed back to their own area.  I hope wherever they are, they value this day, and stand together.
Let Freedom Ring
Here, down under, we have fog, more severe frosts, and fine days to follow.I think of each of my blog friends in USA, enjoy the day, stay safe, be happy, remember those from the past who strived for all you have now.
Quotation of the day from Franklin D. Roosevelt
“ In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.”
Cheers from Jean

6 comments:

Jenny K. Lyon said...

Thank you for your kind comments on our Independence Day!

Lindsjö taxar said...

Hi! Great pictures from your late posts. Haven´t had time to check on all my friend all over the world. Intersting to see your countryside. Very beautiful, I have seen programs on TV and it would be interesting to visit your country...but very far away it is :-) You never no...
My camera has a problem so I have to go to a dealer who can maybe fix it.

Ashling said...

Love the Mariner's Compass quilt. The grassis always greener as they say...I'd love your rainy fog right about now!

Michaele said...

Thanks for thinking of us Nancy. Heartwarming : )

Nancy J said...

Hi to you all in USA, have safe celebrations whenever they are,thanks for your thanks !! Cheers from Jean.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a sweet tribute.......thank you.