Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Sunday 1 July 2012

Winter Afternoon

This bag pattern looked good. it was cut, lining was interfaced, and I started.It still looked good, until I began to put the lining in, Very fiddly, and I changed the V at the front and back to a gradual curve. It is finished, and might be used for socks, hats or anything else when it is hidden in the wardrobe. Does that say “ I am not pleased with it at all!!!”
Magazine page
Red bag
Outside there are  the long shadows of winter on the lawn, the English Elm Tree has lost all its leaves, and the sky tells me there will be those stunning colours for such a short time later on
afternoon shadows
English Elm Tree

In the same book as the bag pattern ,( “ Patchwork and Quilting, February ?? 2002) is this design for Funky Town HOUSES. There are 12 blocks, 4 patterns with variations. If anyone would like a copy, please let me know. The houses are sewn onto a background, using fusible  web.
House blocks
I missed the dusk colours by a few minutes,there was this pale glow, and paler blue sky, turning to a dark grey.The Moon was up as I looked to the East, in a few nights it will be “ Full Moon” so I am hoping for some good photos, with a tripod and telephoto lens. Keep watching.
late afternoon
moon through the branches

Quotation of the day, author unknown
May our homes be warm and our friends be many.
Cheers from Jean

4 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Great pictures! We had a great morning, went down to the little lake with the dogs but now the sun is gone and some rain showers came.

Nancy J said...

Now we are having frosts, I am hoping for those early morning sky photos with those pink/mauve/red colours. Cheers from Jean

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.