Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 20 July 2012

Morning Glory

This morning we had the beginnings of a super pink sky, lines showing up against the faint blue in the west, . The frost was not heavy, but the lawn was quite white this early.
Pink lines of sunrise

lawn frost 1
lawn frost 2

Over to the East, the sun just showed through the trees across the Tutaenui Stream.The cabbage trees in the foreground  are at our boundary. All the others are in another property.
Sun through the trees
We had sunshine nearly all day, it started to cool down after 4 p.m. and now is  2.5 Celsius, with the promise of a frosty morning tomorrow. I picked a few  King Alfred daffodils, together with some snowdrops and greenery and gave them to our dear friend Joyce for her birthday. There are many more to flower,, and there are  lots  almost in bud. Photos to come in another week or so.
Quotation of the day from  William Wordsworth ,
an excerpt from “ I wandered lonely as a cloud”

“And then my heart with pleasure fills,
and  dances with the daffodils”
Cheers from Jean

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Lovely, peaceful photos.

What a wonderful quote too.

It is warm, windy and humid here today, partly cloudy.

There were no clouds in the sky at sunset last night and no fantastic colors like they predicted from the desert storm from Africa. The skies were pretty clear starting late afternoon yesterday. Oh well.

Your chilly weather sounds nice.

FlowerLady

Nancy J said...

I am so glad you did not get all that dust, hard to realise it will get blown so far across the seas.Hope your weather cools down soon.Wordsworth, one of his favourite poems for me. Cheers, Jean

Lindsjö taxar said...

Lovely pictures...hard to understand that you have frost...hmm of course you are on the other side of the globe...through this media you dont think of it

Nancy J said...

Yes , another light frost this morning, more pink in the sky to the East,I hope for some fine warmer days. Cheers, Jean

Susan Heather said...

Your daffodils are early - none here yet. Lovely photos.

Michaele said...

I tell you what, with the extreme heat we are experiencing here, I long for the frosty mornings. But not just yet....
What a nice idea for a friends birthday - hand picked flowers.

Susan Heather said...

Having said no daffodils here yet I visited a friend yesterday and, lo and behold daffodils - they are out here. Mine must have disappeared.

Jim said...

Lovely photos Jean. I like that you caught the rays of sun through the trees!
I love following people from NZ and Australia....I think it is a good brain exercise to have to switch everything around when figuring out what season you are in. It was the daffs that threw me!~ lol
Good to meet you and thanks for dropping by my post today...or is it yesterday or the day before!!! Oh my brain!!