Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 26 July 2012

Lambs playing

Yesterday I climbed the first fence, the second fence, squeezed through the gap between the gate and the last fence, and VOILA,  I was in the paddock with the lambs. I tried yesterday to load the videos, but after playing, there were thumbnails of my other videos, and HORROR, other peoples videos with content I did not want here. So today is the last try. The lambs played, ran, not bothered by the freezing cold southerly wind.I had fleece jacket Goretex coat with the hood pulled tight, fleece hat, thick Merino socks, and I was cold.I was told not to use the Canon 550D for videos, it does something?? to the inside mechanisms, so this was taken with the little Canon Ixus, and was so hard to hold steady . The ewes are still very protective and I do not try and go too close.
The little lambs played, ran, and fed some more
Yes, I have played the video in the Preview, and afterwards, there are the dreaded thumbnails again. Please ignore them, I have not had this much trouble before, so I hope anyone, someone, PLEASE help me sort this out. Google was searched many times, but I have not solved it properly..
Yesterday Hugh took me to lunch for my birthday , the day started with phone calls, emails,Facebook messages from family in Australia, from our  wonderful friends in Japan, parcels of hand cream, body lotion, posies of violets, and then Janet suggested I go to the front door. I knew there was a lovely shrub waiting, but when I looked, there is a super door mat with the  word “ WELCOME “ on it. What a great surprise, thank you so very much. Another phone call with singing, from Jeanette, we have been true friends since 1954    and  share so much. Thanks Jeanette, for the card, the song, and our phone call. My Canon 550D now has a shutter release cable, so more experimenting to do. And one phone call last night,  there are  notes with the $  sign , for another day. I have been truly spoilt.Today I am suddenly a year older, how can a number change in one day???We have grey skies, cloud, a little drizzle and the wind is still southerly, and cold. Maybe a good day to be inside, with the fire  giving that warm glow, cup of coffee and a good book to read. Bliss. 
Quotation of the day, from George Harrison
“ All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much”
Cheers from Jean

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Belated happy birthday greetings Jean. It sounds like your celebration was a great one.

That lamb video is adorable. They are so frisky.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Susan Heather said...

Belated Happy Birthday from me as well

Lindsjö taxar said...

Congratulations Jean! Hope your day was great.
Qute video.

Nancy J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy J said...

Thanks so much for the wishes and congratulations. I did a reply comment, posted it, found a spelling error, so I removed it.I did have a lovely day, lots of goodies, and more for the camera to come later on. Fond greetings, Jean.

KB said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day, and I'm glad to hear it.

I love seeing the lambs, so young and innocent. Thanks for sharing the video.

As for the thumbnails at the end, I've taken that as a new Youtube thing that I cannot escape...