Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Monday 30 July 2012

Customs, and Immigration Update

On Saturday we took Rachel to Palmerston North Airport. Photo courtesy of Hugh’s camera. Canon 40D. Today I wrote out some questions, and braved the Customs Department telephone line. One number listed on the net gave a discontinued signal!!! So after a few more calls spoke to a young?? well, he sounded young, man. I voiced my concerns and those of Rachel, and after he talked to someone else, gave me the address of  “ Privacy Officer, Immigration NZ” in Hong Kong, and she can write to them.  He listened carefully, and could not comment on either a random selection or a specific reason for her to be questioned, for some length, in fact it took so long she thought she  would miss her connection flight to Palmerston North, and there was nearly 3 hours from landing to the  domestic flight leaving. Now, for  anyone/someone/ everyone / ,who has doubts about my age, white/silver grey hair, eyesight, here I am in an untouched,  unedited photo.
Rachel & Jean P N  airport
If you visit Tanya’s blog, Taniwa at http://tttl1998.blogspot.co.nz  and go to her post on Long Beach International Quilt Festival, she has a photo of the most stunning quilt I have seen, the lady sitting, stitching, flying geese ribbon , a beautiful background choice of fabrics pieced together in perfection.Tanya is in USA visiting family now, hope you are enjoying the time there, busy days with family making sure you are very well occupied.If I were there, this exhibition would be the highlight.
Quotation of the day, from Honore de Balzac , with the quilt mentioned in  mind,
“ From the manner  in which a woman draws her thread
 at every stitch of her needlework,
any other woman can surmise her thoughts”
Cheers from Jean

4 comments:

Georgia said...

Oh My! I just took a look at the quilt you mentioned on Taniwa. I'm coming closer to the conclusion that as much as I love you quilters, so much of it is so far beyond me and there are other things I'd like to persue...and miles to go before I sleep.

Nancy J said...

Yes, that level is far beyond my capabilities, but no harm in looking, admiring and dreaming.I need to learn how to put a link to the blog post that has the quilt in it, Cheers, Jean.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Hi!
Nice picture of you.
One week to work....yipeeee...hope for some good wheather. Not only rain. Because of the flooding we had and then very warm we have invasion of mosquitos. I have red spots all over my body...and they are itching like you know....
Normally they dont like me.
Have a great day!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Jean ~ My heart goes out to Rachael with that rough experience with immigration. I hope she has made it back home safely now.

That quilt of the lady quilting is amazing and so full of the beauty of needle and thread. Wow!

That is a lovely photo of you.

Hope your week is a great one.

FlowerLady